Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

does your car suck? mine does

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i doubt anyone will buy mine. the trunk is deformed and rusted inside from being in a big accident, the tranny needs to be fixed soon, the paint doesn't match, the trunk isn't centered, and the mileage is different on the cluster than the actual miles. i dont think there is anyone that stupid to buy it.
Old 02-01-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
to say hondas are a piece of **** is just not being realistic. think of it this way. YOU all TURNED it into a piece of ****. know what your doing.
Old 02-01-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
uh sorry that doesn't hold true when honda designs a faulty product and doesn't do a recall because it would be cheaper not to. Have you browsed the problems forum at all? look at all the crap that happens to bone stock cars. how many tranny have gone out before 100k from normal driving the past 1-2 years? 50? 100? from a DEFECTIVE PART. Get your facts straight before you go blaming the owners. I drive my car like a baby because it feels like every bump i go over is gonna kill it. fragile pos. sorry but the 01+ honda should be considered a lemon. ask any mechanic that has experience with them. he'll make you believe the horror stories he's seen.
Old 02-01-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
well, the way i see it, look at the list of your mods, then see what they might have done to your car and how they have affected it. idk bout the tranny part, but all your other DIYs might have done something. honestly. think about it
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
I hate my car for everything it isn't. I knew that going in to it. Civics are not sports cars. I hate that. However my civic delivers on all of its promises. The cheapest car to own. I still get 40mpg with the odometer reading 70,000. It is yet to have a problem. I need to replace my battery but that happens on any car. I drive a 2001 lx coupe.
Old 02-01-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
I'm with Majin, I think you ruined your car
Old 02-01-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
you must have bought that thing on a monday or friday. i know some of the cars here have problems, but the percentage of people with civic problems out of total cvic owners is one of the smallest percentages among any car company, so dont rag on honda.

as far as the problems, i think there are three options:
1. you can fix them just enough to sell it, im sure someone would buy it.
2. keep it as is, do the necessary repairs,and just drive it for the long haul
3. decide to keep it for the long haul and mod the **** out of it.

what about a MT swap? and dont tell me its gonna cost 2000 bucks to do, the trans at the junkyard are 75 bucks here lol.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
everytime i make fast turns and gun it, my car wont go past 4krpms...i have to turn the car off and back on to work normal...everytime i take a turn too fast it does that...i hate my car anyways.
Old 02-01-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MajinB
to say hondas are a piece of **** is just not being realistic. think of it this way. YOU all TURNED it into a piece of ****. know what your doing.

definately with majinb on this one.
Old 02-01-2006
4 cyclinders down, 4 to go.....

acjones21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MajinB

that **** is hilarious! + rep!!
Old 02-01-2006
gone

Nitto will become famous soon enough
dang gear, i've never heard of anything like that. and my gf has a 7thgen with no probs!
Old 02-01-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gearbox
installed a pnp head, blew gasket, went back to stock. installed ported tb, blew the tps, went back to stock (-$2500). alternator died two years $550. clearcoat is peeling, trunk is leaking and rusting, the car rattles, it smells like antifreeze when i open the hood, there is oil all over crap, the hood won't close right anymore, my rsr exhaust is halfway covered in rust after 2 months, my paint on the trunk is peeling, my tint is getting bubbles. went through 3 intakes all pos, and a rear section exhaust, went through 10 pairs of wiper blades, rotors are warped, tires vibrate over 65, brakes suck, car is too slow, the ac isn't cold anymore, and tonight my $600 viper alarm stops working so i need to find my keyless entry controler. oh and my tranny is starting to slip after 45k miles with a trans cooler and 10k fluid changes. anyone else feel like kicking their car in the butt? i think the only thing i'm happy with is the intake, exhaust, and alpine deck with amp/speakers. oh and i give up. this car is done. everytime i touch something it breaks.stupid pos honda.
I told you your car was a lemon ...........

you know that when your wiper blades start sucking, you just replace the wiper blade inserts, right?

get a swap ... it won't break ;P
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
hmmmmm...very interesting that u were in a big accident. not to be coy...-->>>i'd like to know what happened after the accident? was ur car looked at by honda? or ur own Mechanic.???
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

HondCivc91 is an unknown quantity at this point
I kinda' agree with everyone else. Modding a car only leaves it up for the potential for something else to get messed up.

As for the trunk leaking - it's not honda's fault. You got into an accident, and evidently the body work wasn't the greatest. If it was a A+ body shop, the paint wouldn't peal or rust, and the trunk wouldn't leak. If you're that concerned about it, bring it back to the shop. Again, if it was a good shop, they most definatley have a lifetime garuntee on all of their work. My old '91 Civic Hatch was rear ended 4 separate times within the first 6 years of my family owning it. When it was handed down to me, the trunk started leaking. I brought it back to the shop where the work was done 7 years prior and they redid everything at no cost.
Old 02-01-2006
Premium Member

ya i will do that. but the peeling part is on the factory molding not related to the new paint. after the accident the only thing honda and my mechanic found was broken sway bar links.
Old 02-01-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vietstylez
lemon!
squeez that vic in a Corona , you'll feel better
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

fieryhill is an unknown quantity at this point
any suggestions other than "feeling regret for buying the car" to not have it become a pos. i plan to keep my car for fairly long time. mine is an 05 and the only problem that I had with it so far was the brake rotors warped at 15k had them resurfaced and their fine at 30k. before that i had an 03 hybrid with virtually no problems other than they had to perform the idle relearn a few times because it was doing weird things with the auto-stop feature at around 45k.
Old 02-01-2006
Premium Member

i wanted to keep mine for 10+ years.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough

trunk is leaking and rusting, the car rattles,

the hood won't close right anymore

my paint on the trunk is peeling,

tires vibrate over 65, brakes suck
Wasn't your car in a pretty bad accident where you got hit in the rear?

I remember you made a thread about it a while ago. You can thank the body shop who repaired it for the trunk leaking/rusting/paint peeling. The rattles and tires vibrating are most likely symptoms of the accident you had...... once a car gets hit a lot of things come out of alignment and are near impossible to get everythign back to factory specs......... this is why cars with R-Titles/Salvage titles are so cheap, because the odds of having non-stop problems are much greater then that of those with cars that have never been in any type of an accident.

Alternator problem could have been causing by the strain put on it with your system.

Tint bubbling... thank the shop who installed it.

The tranny is on Honda...... but it could have been damaged when you had the PnP job, intake, exhaust....... all the stuff that added unneeded stress on it.

Majority of Hondas are still very reliable..... when ANYTHING is mass produced it all becomes a numbers game of hitting something. Take 990 red marbles and 10 blue marbles... put it in a bag and start pulling them out. Once in a while you pull out the blue one........ same concept goes with cars liek Honda. If we were tlaking about Ford.... take 700 red marbles and 300 blue marbles..... odds of pulling out a blue one are higher compared to Honda........ so maybe you just pulled out a blue marble with this Honda...

GOod luck though
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough
I think we all have to remember that hondas are great cars and will last well over 100,000 miles. Just treat the car good. Have a pro do your mods and if something breaks fix it right. Don't say hondas are pos because one or two go bad.
Old 02-01-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I don't know the feeling...
I accept the fact that my car isnt made to be driven fast.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

blackdragon will become famous soon enoughblackdragon will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by diskreet
I'll to that
Old 02-01-2006
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Yes gear its called fvucking around with the car soooo much that its winding up dead lolllll

Left stock it would be prob in great condition......
Old 02-01-2006
2001 Rallye Red EX

digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
installed a pnp head, blew gasket, went back to stock. installed ported tb, blew the tps, went back to stock (-$2500). alternator died two years $550. clearcoat is peeling, trunk is leaking and rusting, the car rattles, it smells like antifreeze when i open the hood, there is oil all over crap, the hood won't close right anymore, my rsr exhaust is halfway covered in rust after 2 months, my paint on the trunk is peeling, my tint is getting bubbles. went through 3 intakes all pos, and a rear section exhaust, went through 10 pairs of wiper blades, rotors are warped, tires vibrate over 65, brakes suck, car is too slow, the ac isn't cold anymore, and tonight my $600 viper alarm stops working so i need to find my keyless entry controler. oh and my tranny is starting to slip after 45k miles with a trans cooler and 10k fluid changes. anyone else feel like kicking their car in the butt? i think the only thing i'm happy with is the intake, exhaust, and alpine deck with amp/speakers. oh and i give up. this car is done. everytime i touch something it breaks.stupid pos honda.

Are you sure you're driving a Honda?! Are you 100% sure someone did not sell you a Ford Escort with a Honda badge on it?

I've never heard of a Honda with all those problems especially a newer one. I have no complaints about my old 96 that I sold. After 8 years it had a couple things go wrong, but easy and cheap to fix. My 2001, well the only real annoyance is that there was a smell inside but that is the fault of the last owner. I think they let a cat **** on one of the seats. A couple bottles of resolve and some good vaccuuming and I think I got that taken care of.

Sucks that you have those problems. I'd trade it for another.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by diskreet
Well I think there are a lot of people on here to say different! (not without problems as with any car).
I think Hawk, Boilermaker and a lot of others have modded their car with success for what they want. Part of modding a car is learning how to do stuff and doing it correctly. Most people start with and old car but most guys on here are working on a fairly new one. You can't dump a car your still paying on
Old 02-01-2006
Premium Member

hey thanks for the comments everyone. you what what, next time any of you post in the vehicle problems forum I'm gonna say its your own damn fault for causing it.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
hey thanks for the comments everyone. you what what, next time any of you post in the vehicle problems forum I'm gonna say its your own damn fault for causing it.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

Everbody appreciates all you have done . Thanks from all
Old 02-01-2006
Premium Member

well hey its only fair..
Old 02-01-2006
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
man all 7th gens suck, like today an old '84 accord kicked my ***......

Quick Reply: does your car suck? mine does