Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   does your car suck? mine does (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/245249-does-your-car-suck-mine-does.html)

gearbox 01-31-2006 09:06 PM

does your car suck? mine does

installed a pnp head, blew gasket, went back to stock. installed ported tb, blew the tps, went back to stock (-$2500). alternator died two years $550. clearcoat is peeling, trunk is leaking and rusting, the car rattles, it smells like antifreeze when i open the hood, there is oil all over crap, the hood won't close right anymore, my rsr exhaust is halfway covered in rust after 2 months, my paint on the trunk is peeling, my tint is getting bubbles. went through 3 intakes all pos, and a rear section exhaust, went through 10 pairs of wiper blades, rotors are warped, tires vibrate over 65, brakes suck, car is too slow, the ac isn't cold anymore, and tonight my $600 viper alarm stops working so i need to find my keyless entry controler. oh and my tranny is starting to slip after 45k miles with a trans cooler and 10k fluid changes. anyone else feel like kicking their car in the butt? i think the only thing i'm happy with is the intake, exhaust, and alpine deck with amp/speakers. oh and i give up. this car is done. everytime i touch something it breaks.stupid pos honda.

LowLife 01-31-2006 09:10 PM

lol damn...... im at a loss for words

SLO REX 01-31-2006 09:13 PM

Yeah I know the feeling.

Axxe 01-31-2006 09:15 PM

BMW time. Pricier, but they make you smile everytime you drive it.

FALKEN 01-31-2006 09:16 PM

you should change your title to "7thGen Junker"

vietstylez 01-31-2006 09:18 PM

lemon!

grncivic2001 01-31-2006 09:18 PM

lol im in the same boat.the prob i am having tho is the damn iac or idle. every time i turn i get this clunking sound(i got 18's). i got no fender wells so all the dirt and sh*t gets thrown in the engine bay and i still have to pay the bank $9000 for the car. i want a different car but dont think i can get enough for my car to pay off my loan damn hondas

R1Style 01-31-2006 09:21 PM

Damn that sucks.... I think I'm pushing close to 100,000kms and I haven't had any problems. I don't even do my regular oil changes :lol:
Hell I haven't even changed my rear brakes yet. :)

Cptn. Slow 01-31-2006 09:22 PM

I love my car. Sounds like you need to save up and move up

ex2k3 01-31-2006 09:22 PM

I haven't had any major problems with mine besides rattles but I blame that on two 12" subs. My glovebox and sunroof rattle, which is really annoying, and when I rev up to redline you can hear my driver door panel vibrating with the engine. Besides that, it's ok, though it is slow I have no problem beating the 6th gen civics that try to race me all the time.

You may actually have made my decision on if I should swap, turbo, or get a RX-8. I think I'll take the money I saved so far and save up for a few more months then drop a huge down payment and trade in the civic.

JP375 01-31-2006 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox
everytime i touch something it breaks

Problem identified. Did you ever think that perhaps slapping a bunch of poorly engineered crap on a car that was made to work as a simple cost effective system problabably only makes it worse. Leave the modding to when your going to drop big $$$ and let the pros do it.

pon55 01-31-2006 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox
installed a pnp head, blew gasket, went back to stock. installed ported tb, blew the tps, went back to stock (-$2500). alternator died two years $550. clearcoat is peeling, trunk is leaking and rusting, the car rattles, it smells like antifreeze when i open the hood, there is oil all over crap, the hood won't close right anymore, my rsr exhaust is halfway covered in rust after 2 months, my paint on the trunk is peeling, my tint is getting bubbles. went through 3 intakes all pos, and a rear section exhaust, went through 10 pairs of wiper blades, rotors are warped, tires vibrate over 65, brakes suck, car is too slow, the ac isn't cold anymore, and tonight my $600 viper alarm stops working so i need to find my keyless entry controler. oh and my tranny is starting to slip after 45k miles with a trans cooler and 10k fluid changes. anyone else feel like kicking their car in the butt? i think the only thing i'm happy with is the intake, exhaust, and alpine deck with amp/speakers. oh and i give up. this car is done. everytime i touch something it breaks.stupid pos honda.

Don't hate (please)
When you work (modify) any car you risk blowing gaskets,leaks, ect,ect,ect. Paint peel.tint bubbles, and leaks aern't normal?
Hood fitting, did you have it off?
Blades and alarm, IDK.
The tranny cooler most likely killed the tranny!

oh and i give up. this car is done. everytime i touch something it breaks.stupid pos honda.[/QUOTE]

When I told the doctor if I lay on my side my back hurts, he replied "Stupid,don't lay on your side! "
Got the answer?

OK, you can hate me:tongue:

gearbox 01-31-2006 09:53 PM

okay i take blame for the head even though it was not me that did it. as for all the other big things, the tranny has a defective clutch pack carrier from the factory, the alternator died on its own, and so did the other stuff. basically if i never modded my car it would still have 80% of those problems.

boosted.es2 01-31-2006 10:12 PM

the things that i hate about my civic are all my fault. lol the sh!tty suspension. gone through pairs and pairs of subs. my fault for being filipino i guess. lol

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 01-31-2006 10:18 PM

damn, soooo the 7thgen aint that all that you crack up to be huh? sounds like 8thgen > 7thgen.

MajinB 01-31-2006 10:18 PM

the exhaust should have a warranty. and its rusting cause your in freakin michigan in the winter. what is car cancer? SALT! call true honda and bitch for a new one. warranty cant be over

gearbox 01-31-2006 11:05 PM

no actually its the humidity. i can literally watch rust form on the rotors after i park. everything rusts 10x faster. if i were in reno, nothing would ever rust.

ry 01-31-2006 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by MajinB
the exhaust should have a warranty. and its rusting cause your in freakin michigan in the winter. what is car cancer? SALT! call true honda and bitch for a new one. warranty cant be over

then send the old one to me in florida so it can live the rest of its life rust free :)

Caucasian.Asian 01-31-2006 11:55 PM

yeah, i'm starting to hate my car. mostly because of the engine being shitty, but thats my fault because its a commuter car and i try to drive it like a rally car.
i think towards the end of the year i'm done with my car, and almost everything will be for sale. so PM me if anyone wants something...

goodtimes 02-01-2006 12:13 AM

i think you guys are full of it one min you guys love your car the next min you hate it. i have no problems with my car besides the one of the gaskets are leaking from my muffler but thats my own doing for being low and hiting it all the time other than that im happy with it and once i get out of skool and find a good job ill get a new car. but in the mean time ill be happy drivein my civic... good gas mliage and it looks good to.

gearbox 02-01-2006 12:17 AM

i think i'll be happy once i get a new tranny rebuilt with the tci extreme kit.

starstryke 02-01-2006 12:42 AM

my trunk leaks, only serious problem is I'll find a 1" deep puddle around the spare tire. Going to buy a new factory seal and silicone that biotch up when I get my tax return.

gearbox 02-01-2006 12:49 AM

i tried just silicone and it stopped the top leak but there is still one coming from underneath or something.

tripledoublegs 02-01-2006 01:24 AM

do what I'm doing.
MOVE ON!!!!
My car is up for sale, 2002 civic 29K miles 5spd.
If anyone interested, hit me up 760-318-9612
BTW, Didn't mean to hijack thread. Sorry man

spoonJDMlX 02-01-2006 02:26 AM

hondas are a peice of shit, im so happy mine is on sale so i can use it as down on my scion....toyota>honda anyday. other than my tranny my car had no problems, but whats the point of not having problems when your TRANNY is slipping just like EVERYOTHER 7th gen automatic....oh and also, ****ing slow as shit. my pocket bike can geta lower time @ 1/4......

18.6 @ 72mph if your wonder

aem v2.

pos? yes.

genexrocket 02-01-2006 02:44 AM

i love mine, no problems whatsoever :)

speedster0011 02-01-2006 02:47 AM

piece of shit hondas

spoonJDMlX 02-01-2006 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by speedster0011
piece of shit hondas

what he said

TemjinX2 02-01-2006 03:04 AM

yeah i think it might be time for you to sell it gearbox. I had similar problems with my 96 camry but it had 200k on the engine, no tranny slippage, just bad power steering.

I have an 04 auto ex with 53k on it and no problems. My only problem is my neuspeed springs are sagging too much in the front so i rub sometimes. Not the cars fault, just the cheap springs.

dalaw 02-01-2006 03:41 AM

my 03 civic at 30k miles is flawless except for the underdamped stock rear suspension and a rattle in my b pillar. Heck, even my tint look exactly like it was new even though it was baked under the SoCal sun for the past 3 years.