Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

doin it myself.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006
spell check pwns you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
if you were going to paint it paint it the stock color of the car. minor parts not many. wire cover, fuse box cover. i actually found a paint similar to my magnesium metallic. i was so shocked it was at advanced auto parts
Old 01-12-2006
Registered!!

02silverbullet is an unknown quantity at this point
please explain to me how this could be rice? its not like hes gonna do every single piece in 49 different colors with neons and chrome inside...no one is that ricer-ish. anywho good luck man and hope it turns out good
Old 01-12-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 02silverbullet
please explain to me how this could be rice? its not like hes gonna do every single piece in 49 different colors with neons and chrome inside...no one is that ricer-ish. anywho good luck man and hope it turns out good
thanx. yea its gonna be one color still deciding on which one
itll be a few weeks.
Old 01-12-2006
"You leave me in the trenches taking Grenades, John"

Stachmo is an unknown quantity at this point
I totally agree. Im so sick and tired of this whole "rice" thing. I agree that some things look terrible (i.e. chrome taillights, etc.), but who gives a damn! If its not your car then drop it, its NOT YOUR CAR! The owner of the vehicle can do whatever the hell he/she wants to do as long as they like it, its their opinion. If you dont think something looks good then dont do it to your car. Its that simple...theres no need to totally trash someone else's ride.

I say go for it, paint the engine bay. (I like the idea of a gunmetal by the way )

Last edited by Stachmo; 01-12-2006 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-12-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
color match it. SSM in the engine bay is hot.
Old 01-12-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
thanx for paying attention to the thread. i asked what color. not IF i should do it. anyway, it won't be rice. im sure some of you would do it too after you see what i did. anyway. its either gonna be gunmetal or silver. SSM is TOO expensive to get. id rather pay 5 bucks at advanced auto parts for a can of arctic silver. ahahaha.
Old 01-12-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MajinB
thanx for paying attention to the thread. i asked what color. not IF i should do it. anyway, it won't be rice. im sure some of you would do it too after you see what i did. anyway. its either gonna be gunmetal or silver. SSM is TOO expensive to get. id rather pay 5 bucks at advanced auto parts for a can of arctic silver. ahahaha.
im telling you make sure you use a bunch of clear or you will get peeling, cracking, and flaking after time and heat. iahve seen it happen TONS of times to friends that swore they didnt need clear either
Old 01-12-2006
Registered!!

BERGER will become famous soon enoughBERGER will become famous soon enough
i painted some of the stuff in my engine bay the same colour as my intake.. i know it;s dirty but it;s hard to keep it clean where i used to live.. once the vic comes out in the spring i'm getting it cleaned out and maybe painting a new colour.

Brandon
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of Picture 031.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	63606  
Old 01-12-2006
Prince of Persia

Yoshiemaster will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BERGER
i painted some of the stuff in my engine bay the same colour as my intake.. i know it;s dirty but it;s hard to keep it clean where i used to live.. once the vic comes out in the spring i'm getting it cleaned out and maybe painting a new colour.

Brandon

that's a good color.
Old 01-12-2006
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by BERGER

Brandon
Sha mine was that dirty yesterday. The worst part was the metal frame, I hate having that dirty. You have to get some anti oil cleaner on it to get it all nice and shiny. The colors look good
Old 01-12-2006
Prince of Persia

Yoshiemaster will become famous soon enough
i cleaned the engine bay of my car last weekend and put two dc sport stickers on the bottom side of the hood. it's amazing how the engine bay looks when it's all shiny.
Old 01-12-2006
Registered!!

02silverbullet is an unknown quantity at this point
my engine bay is so nasty right now....i just wish it wasnt so god awful cold outside and i'd be able to go out and clean it
Old 01-12-2006

well the paint is supposed to help keep it clean. yea the blue looks nice with the intake but its too bright for me. but thanx for the example. thats what i plan to do and some more.
familycar- clearcoat goes on after paint. or if i really want i can get that paint that can take heat up to 500 degrees. no hard feelings.
Old 01-13-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MajinB
well the paint is supposed to help keep it clean. yea the blue looks nice with the intake but its too bright for me. but thanx for the example. thats what i plan to do and some more.
familycar- clearcoat goes on after paint. or if i really want i can get that paint that can take heat up to 500 degrees. no hard feelings.
really after the paint you got me on that one i am no fool i am perfectly aware when clear goes on. i think that i misread a previous post from you about clear coating. sorry!

Last edited by familycar; 01-13-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-13-2006

tis all good man. i figured it was just a mistake
EDIT: after seeing someone else on this site do their parts in silver, i have decided to do it in silver. i fell in love with it.
Old 01-14-2006
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
post pics when you're done