Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Need Lots of Opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02Civking is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Need Lots of Opinions!

okay guys here goes...I have a 2002 Civic Coupe with the D17 in it. I don't have the money to change to a k-series so please don't tell me that I should do that. If I wanted a k-series I would simply get a new Si. I know my engine will never be a big hp car, but I am going to do some bolt ons for my everday driver. I already have the AEM V2, now I need you guys to help me decide which headers, exhaust, nitrous kit etc. to get.... I am wondering whether the dc sports 4/2/1 header or 4-1 is the best to get? or should I just say screw emissions laws and get the new DC Sports Racing Header that emliminates the cat? I am also wanting to go with an APexi n1 catback? my question is whether that will connect to the racing header if I decide to get that? next I want an NOS dry 50 shot has anyone hooked one up and what do you think about it? Suspenion wise I was going to go with Neuspeed Sport Springs with the Koni Blue shocks? I would appreciate some advice or reviews of anyone that has these products.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
dont get a dry kit poor idea. if you search in the forums i am sure you will find your answers. there is no such thing as the best product or the best set up.reviews / suspension /other parts like headers and exhaust /nos

Last edited by nick95673; 01-02-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

02blackcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
alright, i got some help for you, get a 4-1, because if you take off our stock header cover heat shield thingys, we already have a 4-2-1, so 4-1 would be better, and for exhaust, if you want the apexi n1 stlye, go with the megan racing cat-back, its cheaper and it looks exactly the same, some people will tell you its a knock off, but megan is really making a name for themselves, all their products are extremely high quality, they make a drift stlye and a regurlar style for our cars, i got the drift because i like the angled out exhaust look, if u want straight exit exhaust, go wtih the regurlar, the sound is soooo nice and deep on the megan exhasut too, youll love it
Old 01-02-2006
CIVIC USER

jbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trusted
There is a search button at the top of the page. I suggest you use it before you get flamed very badly. As for your questions, a few good headers are kamikaze and hp, dc sports is same as stock so try out the other two first. For exhaust, apexi n1, greddy evo II...
For nitrous..go to the forced induction section, they have a nitrous faq with loads of information.
For suspension...Go to suspension performance forum and check out this ad in the retail sales http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=234633
i personally run a aem v2 cai, dc sports header and greddy evo II. I did extensive research on the greddy evo II exhaust and in my opinion, it was well worth it. but I am planning to go with the tsi turbo, just gotta install it. Good luck and if you have any questions pm me or just ask....but dont post questions like these, use the search button first. I know youre new but these peops dont take too kindly to newb questions. Good luck and welcome

Last edited by jbrown59; 01-02-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
^see what i am talking about. go to those links and read up. most people will tell you 4-2-1 is better but your 1st realy reply says something insane. and i dont think he even knows what 4-2-1 is.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

Exclamation

I have read up on these products, and I've looked at those reviews that have been there for ages with nothing new. I am confused b/c I dont' have a lot of money to spend so I want to go with what works. Kamikaze, DC Sports, HP, Megan, I dunno which to get. Do I get a High Flow Cat or stay with waht I have or jsut get a racing header and say screw it and hook it up to the apexi? And why not hook up a dry 50 shot? I've heard good things about it thus far. I'm not really that concerned with sound like most seem to be around here jsut how it produces!
Old 01-02-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
boltons and nitrous...you're going down the wrong path
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

well everyone is entitled to their opinion
Old 01-02-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
everyone is entitled to search too, so i think u should do that because every one of your questions have been answered millions of time
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
you could get the HP racing header with hi-flo cat
and get the apexi n1 exhaust... get the real one no ebay knock off.
the megan exhaust ive heard some good things about too if you want to save a little money.
and stay away from dry shot
get a nitrous xpress wet kit or the zex wet kit you will be much better off running a wet kit on our cars.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I would listen to gearbox - he has pretty much modified his car with all bolt - ons and gone back to stock, ask him about doing mods that really do something without parting out loads of cash for little gain...you can ask almost any experienced person on the site that has intakes, header, exaust systems they gain somewhere around 10 hp all together, if that....so internal mods like head work, throttle body, and turbo are what really will give you hp...but along with this is $$$ spent...good luck to you.
Old 01-03-2006
CIVIC USER

jbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trusted
No one is intentionally trying to be mean to you. It's just that youre asking questions that have already been discussed. You need to sit yourself down and find out what your goal is. You talk about headers and exhaust and intake, but then you also want nitrous. Do you want to have an N/A car or F/I. Just realize that bolt ons alone will only yield a few hp gain. My greddy evo II exhaust helps with high end, high rpm power...v2 intake increases air flow through the engine. Larger headers will provide more detonations better air flow through the manifold. But all these things dont really help on a vic, cause ive already done it, and its cool and everything, sounds good, higher reving, but i mean come on, we are talkin pennies. As for nitrous, listen to gearbox, he would know, I am also not a fan, youll end up blowing yourself up with those things. Visualize your goals and then work to complete them, but listen to the older members on this forum, they know there ish.