Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Do i need a camber kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of light
Do i need a camber kit?

Hi everyone,

I'm extremely new to this site, and performance modifications. I'm thinking about buying some Eibach Sportlines, which say they will drop my 02 LX coupe 1.4" all the way around. Does anyone know if i will need to get a camber kit, or if i'm ok with stock? Thanks in advance,

adam
Old 11-10-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
Wrong forum, but since i have them i can tell you alil about my experience, i do not have a camber problem but you should upgrade ur stock shocks for the amount of new pressure ur exerting on them. I also ride on 18s and i have not had a problem yet. check the suspension forum. and good luck
Old 11-10-2005
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=200089

Please use the search button, read the different forums, and get used to the information. We have a ton of info on this site that you can use, so please use it.
Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

Lord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks. Sorry for the wrong forum, i haven't quite figured everything out yet.
Old 11-10-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by robbclark1
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=200089

Please use the search button, read the different forums, and get used to the information. We have a ton of info on this site that you can use, so please use it.
lol i was getting to that..
Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
i never planned on buying a camber kit for my tein s-techs but i'm beginning to believe that i need em; my stock shocks seem to be blowing out too after a year of riding
Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

veloz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Lord ET
Hi everyone,

I'm extremely new to this site, and performance modifications. I'm thinking about buying some Eibach Sportlines, which say they will drop my 02 LX coupe 1.4" all the way around. Does anyone know if i will need to get a camber kit, or if i'm ok with stock? Thanks in advance,

adam
I've had eibach sportlines installed on my 05 reverb/SE coupe, first without a camber kit, and then with a kit....and I can tell you that you definately should get a camber kit. Whatever you end up spending on a good camber kit, you would've ended up spending on rear tires anyway. SPC is a really good kit to get.
Old 11-10-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Here is a good general rule to many of these "If I... then..." questions.
If you have to ask then probably yes.

Now here you may get away with a 1.4" drop and no camber kit without major problems. But you will have the tires wearing more on the inside than the outside for sure.
If you can afford it then you will probably want to get it. Considering that the tires are the only safety equipment of the car that touch the road, you are better off doing everything you can to keep them in a good condition.
If you cannot afford it, then just check up on the tires. 1.4" drop isnt that huge. You can get away without it. Just be smart and make sure the tires are doing fine every once in a while before using them.
Old 11-10-2005
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
yes.