Sun roof - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2005   #1  
Registered!!

hamond is an unknown quantity at this point
Sun roof

Hi guys....kinda new to this forum......
I'm thinking to put a sun roof ..... does anyone know how much that gonna cost me... anyone from OZ ( brisbane )... just for information i'm using civic'05....
cheers
hamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #2  
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
its gonna be more than a grand to get that done... in my opinion, i dont think its worth it... cuz if the car didnt have it in the first place and u go and get it done... its not going to be like original and u may run into problems...

but other ppl here might say otherwise.. soo its really up to you...
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #3  
Registered!!

really?
have u or any of ur friends got this prob before? what do u mean by not being original?i just thought it looks cool with a sun roof......
this is shocking
i supposed u really change my mind now.....
Old 11-07-2005   #4  
7thgencivic's Official Bad Samaritan
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

HITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond repute
talk to your local honda dealership and get the info from them. they can give you a price and all the info you need.
HITMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #5  
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
The sunroof is a cool option to have. I would call it a moon roof for me because I mainly open it at night.
Tragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #6  
Registered!!

HondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of light
^all hondas have moonroofs, not sunroofs. (from the factory)
i would say not to do it. aftermarket sunroofs are more trouble than their worth. also, your car WILL lose value with an aftermarket sunroof installed.
HondaSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #7  
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Moonroofs might also cause dimples.
DDragon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #8  
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
A hole will be torn into your roof and it will be replaced with a piece of glass.

It looks cool, and depending on what kind of aftermarket part you have, it might do cool things, like move back, move up, be removable, but in the end, its just a piece of glass to seal the hole in your roof.

Civics that are available with them were designed with them in mind, aftermarket parts try to do the same thing, but they have different quality and also rely heavily on the manner and professionalism of the installers.

I'm just giving you the heads up, if you like one that you find, go for it as long as you trust the installers. Otherwise though, it is just a piece of glass to look through, its not like you're watching stars while driving...
CivicsRdBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #9  
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
around a $1000 to do the job, but not worth it, IMO
scatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #10  
Registered!!

well the problem with the "OZ" honda is they dont do any modification...
last time i ask them if i could get a bigger rim...and they reckon dont do it....because i might lose the warranty.....
the car really come in basic and one model only (GLI)....i supposed if we compare it with USA, its completely different....
this thing really frustrate me........
What is dimple anyway???????? ( noob question )
Old 11-07-2005   #11  
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Aftermarket sunroofs are notorious for leaking, not to mention you put a big hole in the roof, which is a structural member of the car. Whether or not they reinforce it enough when they cut a hole in it, I don't know. Either buy the car with the hole in the roof to begin with, or don't bother.
Boilermaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #12  
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaSales
^all hondas have moonroofs, not sunroofs. (from the factory)
i would say not to do it. aftermarket sunroofs are more trouble than their worth. also, your car WILL lose value with an aftermarket sunroof installed.
mine doesn't but then again, i have a dx, so i only have power steering, until til i took that off, added power lock\windows\mirrors
booba5185 is offline   Reply With Quote