Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Sun roof (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/234157-sun-roof.html)

hamond 11-07-2005 02:20 AM

Sun roof

Hi guys....kinda new to this forum......
I'm thinking to put a sun roof ..... does anyone know how much that gonna cost me... anyone from OZ ( brisbane )... just for information i'm using civic'05....
cheers

Nameless 11-07-2005 02:56 AM

its gonna be more than a grand to get that done... in my opinion, i dont think its worth it... cuz if the car didnt have it in the first place and u go and get it done... its not going to be like original and u may run into problems...

but other ppl here might say otherwise.. soo its really up to you...

hamond 11-07-2005 07:29 AM

really?
have u or any of ur friends got this prob before? what do u mean by not being original?i just thought it looks cool with a sun roof......
this is shocking:eek:
i supposed u really change my mind now.....

HITMAN 11-07-2005 08:03 AM

talk to your local honda dealership and get the info from them. they can give you a price and all the info you need.

Tragedy 11-07-2005 09:29 AM

The sunroof is a cool option to have. I would call it a moon roof for me because I mainly open it at night.

HondaSales 11-07-2005 04:12 PM

^all hondas have moonroofs, not sunroofs. (from the factory)
i would say not to do it. aftermarket sunroofs are more trouble than their worth. also, your car WILL lose value with an aftermarket sunroof installed.

DDragon7 11-07-2005 05:32 PM

Moonroofs might also cause dimples. :(

CivicsRdBest 11-07-2005 06:14 PM

A hole will be torn into your roof and it will be replaced with a piece of glass.

It looks cool, and depending on what kind of aftermarket part you have, it might do cool things, like move back, move up, be removable, but in the end, its just a piece of glass to seal the hole in your roof.

Civics that are available with them were designed with them in mind, aftermarket parts try to do the same thing, but they have different quality and also rely heavily on the manner and professionalism of the installers.

I'm just giving you the heads up, if you like one that you find, go for it as long as you trust the installers. Otherwise though, it is just a piece of glass to look through, its not like you're watching stars while driving...

scatman 11-07-2005 07:55 PM

around a $1000 to do the job, but not worth it, IMO

hamond 11-07-2005 08:03 PM

well the problem with the "OZ" honda is they dont do any modification...
last time i ask them if i could get a bigger rim...and they reckon dont do it....because i might lose the warranty.....
the car really come in basic and one model only (GLI)....i supposed if we compare it with USA, its completely different....
this thing really frustrate me........
What is dimple anyway???????? ( noob question )

Boilermaker1 11-07-2005 08:07 PM

Aftermarket sunroofs are notorious for leaking, not to mention you put a big hole in the roof, which is a structural member of the car. Whether or not they reinforce it enough when they cut a hole in it, I don't know. Either buy the car with the hole in the roof to begin with, or don't bother.

booba5185 11-07-2005 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by HondaSales
^all hondas have moonroofs, not sunroofs. (from the factory)
i would say not to do it. aftermarket sunroofs are more trouble than their worth. also, your car WILL lose value with an aftermarket sunroof installed.

mine doesn't but then again, i have a dx, so i only have power steering, until til i took that off, added power lock\windows\mirrors