Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

What are your HP gains?

Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Azizst is an unknown quantity at this point
What are your HP gains?

I wonder if anybody in this site gained much power with tuning. Do you have any dyno pics? Did anybody gained 10 - 15 HP with natural aspirated D17s? And how?
Old 09-26-2005
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Azizst
I wonder if anybody in this site gained much power with tuning. Do you have any dyno pics? Did anybody gained 10 - 15 HP with natural aspirated D17s? And how?
intake, headers, exhaust, pulley's. **** like this
Old 09-26-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
10whp, 12wtq but i need a few more parts and final tuning. This is on an automatic btw.
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

Tbag is an unknown quantity at this point
Gearbox : With what parts? Stock air box or aftermarket intake?
Old 09-26-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
check profile
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

Azizst is an unknown quantity at this point
I have sort ram carbon fibre intake and Sebring muffler. Probably I gained nothing with these mods but I'm planning to change the camshaft with a performance one. I also wonder if anybody here uses racing ECU or chips on their rides??
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
no racing ecu or new chip but i'm running with a VFAC II and went from 100 hp at the wheels to 114. after the VFAC II. alo I have headers sri and exhaust. Noticed a big gain after the VTEC controller was dynoed. I put the headers on after the dyno though.
Old 09-26-2005
Premium Member

wow nice. did you end up adding fuel then? I wish I got that much gain with it. Maybe exhaust will help once I get it on and retune.
Old 09-26-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Valdeezy
no racing ecu or new chip but i'm running with a VFAC II and went from 100 hp at the wheels to 114. after the VFAC II. alo I have headers sri and exhaust. Noticed a big gain after the VTEC controller was dynoed. I put the headers on after the dyno though.
you mean you put the HEADER on after the dyno.
Old 09-26-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
not worth it...
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
yeah the headers went on after the dyno. It doesnt seem to run as good now maybe I should redyno it to see if it gets any better.
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by HondaLuver
not worth it...
why do you say that.
Old 09-26-2005
Premium Member

well I spent almost $2k for 10whp. You spend a bit more and have 80whp with a turbo. Anyway, yea adding parts will affect the a/f alot more than you might think. I'm just leaving mine off until all the parts are on and then retune.
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

Ive been thinking of taking the headers off and putting the stock ones back on. I think I was a little quicker and saved a little bit more gas back then.
Old 09-26-2005
Premium Member

hmm. i noticed a big difference for the better when I put on the kamikaze header. But then again I have engine work. But yea for stock it only flows so much. I think a dc header would be good for mild modified car cause its similar to stock.
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

yeah I have a Meagan racing header on ther now I think it sucks big time. Not to mention the obx sri I have is a POS. So once I put better quality mods on I think everything will turn out alot better than what it is now.I lookin to start all over anyways and just keep the VFAC II and get better quality mods. I started out quick wasnt thinkin.
Old 09-26-2005
Boosted 04

joshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nice
I went from 90 something to 115 whp with ex head and full bolt on and tune
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

yeah all my mods are crappy and urs are much better quality than mine.
Old 09-26-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
it may or may not be worth it, but it depends on the persons goals.
Old 09-26-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Valdeezy
Ive been thinking of taking the headers off and putting the stock ones back on. I think I was a little quicker and saved a little bit more gas back then.
HEADER! we don't have a V or W.
Old 09-26-2005
Premium Member

lolz. yea but the pnp head is great. Especially when its cold out, the car pulls so much better. Just cost a bundle and I'm still needing exhaust. I would say hands down the typhoon sri is the best. kamikaze is good for header, but not if the motor is stock. I'm waiting for thr rsr exhaust and then cam gear so we'll see what happens after tuning that and vafc.
Old 09-27-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by infinite012
HEADER! we don't have a V or W.
what ru talking about?
Old 09-27-2005
Premium Member

a civic only has one header, not many headers.
Old 09-27-2005
Registered!!

Tbag is an unknown quantity at this point
please difine "Tune"
Old 09-27-2005
MRA
Registered!!

MRA is an unknown quantity at this point
HEADER not HEADERS
Old 09-27-2005
Premium Member

tune, referring to the air/fuel ratio. Tuning is done on the dyno using an oxygen sensor and computer. The device to set the tune is some some of engine management like vafcII, e-manage, etc that can tell the car ecu to add more fuel at specific rpm intervals. Using a dyno, it is possible to adjust the a/f ratio to make a straight line. The ideal ratio is around 14.7:1 I think, but most cars run alot richer in stock form (rich meaning more gas is added per volume of air than needed. lean meaning there is not enough fuel per volume of air present.)
Old 09-27-2005
Registered!!

oh my bad, header. I know we only have one header. yeah that def. needs to be done with the VFAC II.Otherwise it will run like crap and turning the vtec point will not run correctly and u can hurt you engine and the ecu if not done right.