Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My new project car!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
My new project car!

We finally ordered our new project car. It is a 1956 chevy bel air. It already has a 327 in it with a turbo 350 trans. But we already ordered a T56 6 speed for it, and it should be here tomorrow (according to UPS tracking number). The car should actually be here on the 18th or 19th.

We are ditching the edelbrock performer intake manifold and 750 carb. for a set of webers (6 pack baby!). Basically, we are building a motor identical to the motor my dad used to have in his 55 chevy. It will have....

Weber 6 pack
Arias pistons (with heads, should be ~12.0-12.5:1 compression)
Lunati rods
Comp cams camshaft and lifters
trickflow 23 degree heads
comp cams magnum rocker arms
blah... blah... blah...

Most you honda guys probably dont know what half those parts are.

Anyway, it should be one hell of a cruiser once its done. Looking for a mid-high 12 sec on radials. But damn, this thing looks beautiful from the pictures!

We are going to re-do the interior, and clean up the engine bay first when it gets here. And yes, replace the radiator with an aluminum one. This is another reason i had to get my car running...... so it would be out of the garage to make room for this!

Last edited by turboengnr; 09-09-2005 at 04:44 AM.
Old 09-09-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MYK1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw an episode of OverHaulin' with a Bel Air.....
How about getting rid of the roof and make it a roadster??
Anyways, good luck with the car.
Old 09-09-2005
Registered!!

BERGER will become famous soon enoughBERGER will become famous soon enough
that's a sweet car man i love old cars so much i want to get a charger some day

Brandon
Old 09-09-2005
Registered!!

Berg_Tomaru is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice start
Old 09-09-2005
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
old school there...it's nice
Old 09-09-2005
Registered!!

SODJAZERO is an unknown quantity at this point
nothing like the sound of a built domestic engine
Old 09-09-2005
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I was leaning on doing an old car again until gas prices started climbing. It was bad enough with my first one....don't want that again...lol.

good luck and sweet car!
Old 09-09-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
either cut the top off or chop it. The Chip Foose Bel Air was awesome, the engine bay was all fiberglassed and it was like a bluish silver and a navy color. Very nice.
Old 09-09-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Omg I love those cars they are so cute
Old 09-09-2005

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
/\ SO CUTE!!!! Don't ya just love it when woman call cars that.
Old 09-09-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Day_Tripper
they are so cute
umm yeah. you pretty much have to sell it now
Old 09-09-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Boo... ok you hypo masculint men on here...
Old 09-09-2005

/\ /\ lol, we're just giving you a hard time,
Old 09-09-2005

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Nice bel air...plenty of those in Cuba, you see them rolling on the streets of Havana like hot bread...it's like taking a trip back in time.
Old 09-09-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
nice!! my neighbors that moved here from alaska had a 55 bel air, it was freaking sweet. they moved back to alaska though.
Old 09-09-2005
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
I thought I just read a thread from you the other day saying how bad things were financially and such? If all that was true, then why in the world are you buying another car to sink money into?

If this isn't killing you financially, then congrats. They're nice cars. Personally, I want a chopped & channeled satin black '54 Chevy with an LS1. That's my goal.
Old 09-10-2005
DONT PANIC

turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
Its a joint venture between my father and I.

He bought the car for us to turn into an awesome cruiser. I am the guy thats going to be fabricating all the custom parts and what not.

So i guess its not fair to say "my new project car", since its more like "our new project car".

Either way, i am simply labor and a source of ideas. We were thinking of twin turbocharging it. But i think we have decided against that. The high compression should sound a lot better and give a more streetable response.