Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

This is driving me crazy

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
This is driving me crazy

So i finally get my car back from the body shop, it looks awsome. they did such a great job.

anyways i was talking to my mom and i was like so next week im going to do the install of my turbo kit and she begged me not to install it. she tol dme she does not want me to install it and will beg me not too and she said " dont make me get on my hands and knees and beg you not too." WTF this sucks. id idnt want my mom to beg for me not to do this.

so now im thinking i shouldnt but i want to so bad. i miss it.

Now i got this friend who drives a EVO and has been trying to convise me to sell my civic and get a EVO or something mod friendly. im starting to thin i should get somehting thats mod friendly.

what would you guys do, if you were in my spot. moms begging you not to install the turbo kit, your boy thinks you should sell it and get somehting mod friendly. i wont even comment on what my dad thinking of me modding this civic.
Old 08-05-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
whats her arguement? Is she concerned about the money you spend? because i dont think the car matters, civic or evo, youre going to spend that money either way. Is she worried youre gonna drive to fast and kill yourself? you can do that in any car. what exactly is her concern?
Old 08-05-2005
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
sell the turbo kit n swap it, she'll never know the difference
Old 08-05-2005
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^agree... swap is the way to go
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by skipbarber
whats her arguement? Is she concerned about the money you spend? because i dont think the car matters, civic or evo, youre going to spend that money either way. Is she worried youre gonna drive to fast and kill yourself? you can do that in any car. what exactly is her concern?

well she says that i have spent way too much money. and would like me not to spend it again. car just isnt working out with this turbo kit. sucks 5k on the kit and my car is retarted.

fast and killing myself are not the issue.

yeah i could mod a civic and a evo but atleast the over is mod friendly.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
sell the turbo kit n swap it, she'll never know the difference
man i have been tyrin to sell my turbo kit for 3 or 4 months and no one wants it. 2100 for everything i have shipped.

swap. its not worth it. im going to spend 6k for the swap, and another 4k to install and mis. parts. 10k for a swap in my car isnt worth it. to me it isnt. ive thought about that route already but doesnt sound appealing to me.
Old 08-05-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Well if the turbo isn't going to work, and the swap won't work, and you want something modder friendly then go with the EVO, EVO8 i am assuming? Does your mom know that it has turbo and its alot quicker than our civics? Also more expensive to do stuff to it.
Old 08-05-2005
Wish I had a Turbo 3)

04|5spdCivic can only hope to improve
wow. i wish i had any of those options.
i would definately just try to get your turbo set up right. and make sure you tell your mom the rest of the situation with the evo. cuz that would cost alot more then getting a turbo you already HAVE installed.

edit: forgot to put in my opinion

Last edited by 04|5spdCivic; 08-05-2005 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by drew22mader
Well if the turbo isn't going to work, and the swap won't work, and you want something modder friendly then go with the EVO, EVO8 i am assuming? Does your mom know that it has turbo and its alot quicker than our civics? Also more expensive to do stuff to it.
well yeah she knows all about the EVO. i have told her everything about the car. plus she has seen my friends car. i know mods are expensive. but full exhuast, intake and reflash you can put down over 330hp. close to 345hp.

he has this plus a nismo intercooler and new ic piping. hes making 415hp.

plus my insurance will be 1638 a year cause it will be under my mom but i will own the car.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 04|5spdCivic
wow. i wish i had any of those options.
i would definately just try to get your turbo set up right. and make sure you tell your mom the rest of the situation with the evo. cuz that would cost alot more then getting a turbo you already HAVE installed.

edit: forgot to put in my opinion

i know oyu said forget what you said but......

ive sent prob 2k trying to get it to work not counting the money i have invested trying to work the bugs out. so i have my turbo kit for sale with all extra's for 2100 shipped.
Old 08-05-2005
Type Skivic

im just wonderin wut u would let it go for not shipped.......
Old 08-05-2005
Type Skivic

and 10k for a swap, are you serious? what crackhead gave you that price? i know riley told me he get me a completely built n turbo'd k20a2 sent to my house for 9k, but 10k just for the swap is insane. the engine plus everything you need but the mounts n shift linkage will cost you 3500. the axles for it are like 150. if you take it to a shop, they shouldnt charge over a grand to do it. but if you do it urself(which ive been told the k20's are easier to swap in rather than the older engines), you will save yourself some money.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

im just wonderin wut u would let it go for not shipped.......

the same. just want it gone out of my life, so i can get my car going back to stock. im losing mad loot anyways.

Last edited by exturbo6; 08-05-2005 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

and 10k for a swap, are you serious? what crackhead gave you that price? i know riley told me he get me a completely built n turbo'd k20a2 sent to my house for 9k, but 10k just for the swap is insane. the engine plus everything you need but the mounts n shift linkage will cost you 3500. the axles for it are like 150. if you take it to a shop, they shouldnt charge over a grand to do it. but if you do it urself(which ive been told the k20's are easier to swap in rather than the older engines), you will save yourself some money.
i was saying 10k for swap all the parts needed. and install. idk.
i just dont htink it would be worth it to swap. even though it owuld be cool. id rather start fresh. somethings is wrong with my car and i have no clue what is wrong. so its going back to stock and within the next 2 weeks ill be looking at EVO's.
Old 08-06-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
do turbo. I have done nitrous and my mom tripped at first but since i am still in school and pay for all of it she let off a lil
Old 08-06-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by exturbo6
i was saying 10k for swap all the parts needed. and install. idk.
i just dont htink it would be worth it to swap. even though it owuld be cool. id rather start fresh. somethings is wrong with my car and i have no clue what is wrong. so its going back to stock and within the next 2 weeks ill be looking at EVO's.
I remember meeting your boy in the blue EVO, nice guy, i hate to hear a bout your ride not doing well. I say check out the EVO, its just that every one i know tha has one is like a total jerk. Like when i was a kid and if you had a 5.0 mustang you were a god and you could not be beatin Good luck see you at honda day.
Old 08-07-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Black03civic
I remember meeting your boy in the blue EVO, nice guy, i hate to hear a bout your ride not doing well. I say check out the EVO, its just that every one i know tha has one is like a total jerk. Like when i was a kid and if you had a 5.0 mustang you were a god and you could not be beatin Good luck see you at honda day.
yeah his car is sweet, even faster now. Also he is a nice guy. I saw on the parkway driving home from work and there were these 2 guys from North jersey in a STI with a CB truck, 3inch exuhast, being jerk offs cause i was in my civic. I hate poeple likle that.

Anywayz, i talked to my pops, and when my rents get back from Myrtle Beach we are going to go check out some EVO's.

My pops is making me sign a contract about me not being aloud to modify it. so ill let you be in affect for about a year, save my money and modify the **** out of it.
Old 08-07-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
yeah his car is sweet, even faster now. Also he is a nice guy. I saw on the parkway driving home from work and there were these 2 guys from North jersey in a STI with a CB truck, 3inch exuhast, being jerk offs cause i was in my civic. I hate poeple likle that.

Anywayz, i talked to my pops, and when my rents get back from Myrtle Beach we are going to go check out some EVO's.

My pops is making me sign a contract about me not being aloud to modify it. so ill let you be in affect for about a year, save my money and modify the **** out of it.
sweet, we got to get together and hang when you get your new ride.
Old 08-07-2005
I am your Mom's Hero!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice

Awesome...sounds like you got some good parents!! Will be good to save up that money for a year and then mod away!!
Old 08-08-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by KnocturnalEM2
Awesome...sounds like you got some good parents!! Will be good to save up that money for a year and then mod away!!

yeah my rents are sweet. kinda sucks they dont want me to mod it, but that will only last a year or so, which is fine cause i wanna be able to dump HKS 272 race cams in it, helix exhuast, intake, nismo IC, new IC piping, small battery, and a reflash.

But while im waiting to mod the engine, i wanna do a CF hood and truck.

Im going to be looking at red, and white Evo's.

i start looking in 2 weeks.
Old 08-08-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Black03civic
sweet, we got to get together and hang when you get your new ride.

no doubt.
Old 08-08-2005
Boosted 04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
joshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nice
My parent harass me about the **** i buy for my car. They dont see the point of putting 4 g's into a 04 but they are starting to get along with it. My dad even went the track with me the other day. They have finially realized Im going to be a mechanic for a living and im going to drop money into cars. Just sit down with your mom and tell her how it is.