Getting mad about honda service - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Getting mad about honda service

Old 07-14-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
Getting mad about honda service

Heres the thing. Something went wrong with my A/C about three weeks ago, so i went to the local dealer in my neck of the woods (Friendly Honda of Poughkeepsie). The first time I go in they look over the car and tell me the A/C just need to be recharged. So I tell them there is no way a 2001 should need a recharge unless a part went. Then they tell me they have to charge me $120 just to see if the system is leaking. I told them that the car is certified used and still under warrenty. Then they told me that i should bring the car to the dealer i bought it at to get it fixed.

So i leave and Now that I'm angry I take out my cell phone and decided to call honda america directly, and they told me if the car is certified any honda dealership will honor the warrenty.

So i go back to the dealer and tell them to look the car over once more and they find out that the real problem is the thermal switch for the A/C, and unfortunatly they need to order the part. Which brings me to my newest compliant its been two weeks and the part still isn't in, I called them a few times this week and finally talk to someone today and he told me it should be in tomarrow. I think this will be the last Honda I own if I have to keep dealing with a bunch of A**holes...

has anyone else had a hard time dealer with honda over warrenty issues and or getting the car fixed.. i bet if i had brought it to a regular mechanic he would have gotten the part in less than a week.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

zen_master is on a distinguished road
well bro, if possible, don't blame the car.....blame the all the f*in retards in the dealer, i hate them so much.

in this case, especially are those who greet us infront of the service department....good lord, some of em are seriously A**holes....including 2 honda dealers on my area....

the worst one is called Don Davis Honda.....the dude is just seriously annoying and so full of himself.....he's acting as if he knows everything.....bah

but again, bro, it's not the car.....it's the people.....
Old 07-14-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
it's probably just the people at that dealer... don't blame the car...
the parts i ordered from honda here are not that bad...
Old 07-14-2005
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
lol I feel ya, Honda dealerships suck

last summer my tranny started gonig out at 65k miles so I took it to the dealer to see if by some "grace period" they would fix it since I shouldn't have had this problem. I take the car to the dealership and the Service Manager walks out. At the time all I had on the car were smoked tails, an intake, 17's and 3" of drop. Nothing too major, no body kit, nothing elaborate. oh yeah, the badges were shaved off. I'm explaining my problem to him and he says he'll be glad to look at it. He walks out to the car, looks at me and says................................"What year ACCORD did you say this was?"

wtf, he's the service manager?

so i reminded him that it was a civic, and he says pop the hood. I do so an he sees my Injen SRI, red wireloom and steel-braided hose covers. next comment out of his mouth

"wow this things highly modified"

I almost died

thank god I didn't get my car fixed there
Old 07-14-2005
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
yeah, if its been that long ask them whats up. every week the dealership usually has a "stock order", which is just an order of a bunch of stuff they need to replenish that they may have sold or replaced in cars throughout the week. my local dealer has "stock shipments" every tuesday and friday. whenever i had warranty work done, however, they looked in the comp to see which warehouse had it in stock, and then overnighted it from there.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

MoniraInc is an unknown quantity at this point
when honda calls u after the work (corporate always calls me w/ a survey so i'm assuming they'll call u too) make sure tell them about the experience. and give them all zeros. The last time i ordered a part it took around 2 days for them to get the part in.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by clownprince
He walks out to the car, looks at me and says................................"What year ACCORD did you say this was?"
x101252461419653789E12
Old 07-14-2005
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
ohh i have a lovely experience i brought my car to Honda. back in January I burnt out all the wiring for lighting inside the car when I hooked up my new headunit. Well I was involved in an accident about 3 weeks later, didnt get my car back for over 2 and a half months from the body shop it was taken to. they said they were going to fix the interior lighting because they thought the accident caused it to happen, as did my insurance company. well after waiting that long and only have a week left before i would come home for the summer, i find out they didnt do any work yet. i start bitchin at them about this, they finish the car in 3 days. as a result of them slow rollin, they didnt fix the wiring. the insurance company told me to bring the car to the Honda i bought it from to get it fixed.

Well, I bring the car to Honda the day after I got home for them to take a look at it. It took them a week to even tell me what was wrong. they then begin to tell me since i am such a loyal customer from them they'll tell my insurance company it happened in the accident. i was told by the manager that my car should be fixed within 3 days. they had to just put in a couple new wires, and get me a new gauge cluster. after the 3 days go by, i call them and ask whats the problem. they begin to tell me that they didnt get the parts in and that they told my insurance company the wiring problem happened as a result of my system. I flipped when I heard this. they then told me to give them another 3 days to fix it. well, 2 weeks later and my car was still not done. i went to my car to get things out of it 4 times within that time period, and I notice that my car hadnt been moved and nothing inside had changed. i was so infuriated with them I decided to stop by and give them a piece of my mind on how shitty of a job they are doing and what a bunch of liars they are. since I did that, they finally got off their *** and did the job in one day. The worst part of it all, one of my friends started workin there in between the time and told me they didnt do **** with it in the time frame until I went in and complained. I vowed from that day forward that I would never take my car back to ANY dealership unless my friend is going to work on my car(like he is going to do for my broken door latch). Ohh, and one of the tech's who works there told me the 7thgens are the biggest pieces of **** Honda ever made. everyone has a problem with them, and they arent made as well as previous years.
Old 07-14-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
yeah, that sucks^
Old 07-14-2005

k20txem2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Seriously i dont hate honda cars, i hate honda workers. They are starigt up retards. And now that i really have no warenty on my car it doesnt matter i dont have to deal with them ever again!
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

you know...........i have this kind of feeling...

that probably those people who's working in honda dealer....feel they're 'higher' compared to people who work in domestic dealer......lol..

sometimes they act like a ****.
Old 07-14-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
i just cant believe how a supposed 2004 honda president's award winner F'ed up so much with my car. i like my car but i bought a honda becuase everyone i talk to said they were great car and great company to deal with... well the car is great when working, but the service sucks no matter what i need... i think my next car will be a hyundai or toyota/scion...

/MAD RANT OFF/
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had to take my car into the dealer a few times, and I've had mixed experiences. I would say that 80% of the time, I get good service (Lute Riley Honda in Richardson), but the other times...well, it rather sucked. The major one was about two years ago, when I brought it in for the notorious "noisy" front end/suspension/steering that plagues so many of our cars.

The mechanics kept my car for the full day, and when I got it back, the problem was MUCH worse; whenever I went over the slightest bump, my front end sounded like marbles in a coffee can. I called the service writer back, and he said the realigned/tightened front end was "just loosening up", and that it was no big deal. I decided not take the 200-mile road trip that I had planned, and I took the car back the very next morning.

A different service guy got in the car with me for a test drive; we got about a block from the dealership when the noise reappeared. "There it is," I said, turning to look at him. His face was white, and he replied, "uh...okay, we need to get back to the dealer NOW." When he looked under the car, he found that the mechanic had loosened the tie rods (not sure about the terminology here) to do an alignment, but he never tightened them back up again. When I asked if this was dangerous, he hesitated, then said, "Oh, yeah...you could've had a major accident." Next thing I know, the service department manager is hovering around me like a long-lost friend, insisting that "this is not the way we treat our Honda owners", and he gave me all kinds of little goodies to keep me from blowing up -- I wasn't mad, but it did kind of rattle me.

They fired the mechanic, and the original service guy was "placed in a job in another part of the company."
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
i dunno about u all, but at my dealership... they had valet parking when i drove up.... they fixed it while i waited.. found the problem... ordered the part.. took 48 hrs and then made another appt to get it fixed, it was a week later... but i couldn't complain... all under warranty.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
i've owned several other cars so i can tell you from personal experience, I just don't like the setup of Honda's service centers. Its not just a dealership but Honda in general has shitty service. Ever since I got my honda, i started doing everything myself. On the other hand, Acura makes you feel like VIP when you take your car in for service.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

slowcoupe03 is an unknown quantity at this point
The dealer in Glendale, CA overfilled my crankcase (with Mobil 1) by about 1/2 quart. I told them that they overfilled it and showed the oil rising above the max mark by about 1/2 inch. I tried to get them to remove the excess, but the service writer kept avoiding correcting the mistake by telling me that they can't always bring the oil level to the max mark and that 1/2 inch past the max line is ok. There will be no harm, he says. This is contrary to just about all of the articles I've read about excess oil in the crankcase.

I got tired of trying to get them to remove the excess and left but I should have persisted.
Old 07-15-2005
Newbie Member

thomusvoo is on a distinguished road
those people are gay
i hate honda dealership people
Old 07-15-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
well, i'm going in tomorrow for SRS light. i'll share my story tomorrow afternoon! maybe i should tell them it's by birthday!
Old 07-15-2005
Registered!!

Vtecwhore is an unknown quantity at this point
^ hey you going to val strough? or sam linder honda? lemme guess srs code 15-1......haah im an ******* that works at a honda dealership.........honstly it all depends on the dealership and the service manager...at our dealership almost half the mechanics have hondas that we hook up and race...even the service writer has a h22 civic hatchback...when we get modified cars that need waranty work that hodna needs to see we tell then to come back with all the extra parts off the car.....some dealerships are cool and some really suck ***!!!!! we look out for people with aftermarket parts on their car....**** we warranty parts caused by customers/aftermarket parts......juss my 2 cents

Last edited by Vtecwhore; 07-15-2005 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-15-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
dude..that must suck..considering its been hitting like 100 here in canada..having no AC...wow..i just dont wanna think about then..but then again..using AC makes my car run really slow..so i dont use it all the time.

Oh, and i bought my 05 Si (Ex) brand new 3 months ago, it has 14000km. i've never brought it "home" to honda yet. and i dont plan on doing so..ever..unless i need to change stuff like..timing belt..etc

Last edited by jhonsok; 07-15-2005 at 02:03 AM.