Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

read the DIY but....

Old 06-19-2005
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
read the DIY but....

ok i read the DIY for blackin out your headlights like 4 times all 6 of them or what ever there is, now here is the questions i got.

1. I read that you can use a blow dryer for the 01-02 headlights is this true?
2. How exactly do you get the orange peice out? I dont want to break it.
3. Do I need to sand the chrome if I use plastic primer? If so what grit?
4. When I reseal them, do I put them back together then go around the edges or do i put the sealant on then close them up and touch up around the edges? i just dont want the sealant to get all messy.
5. What brand silicon you recommend? I know to get clear waterproof but any brand inparticular?

just want to do this right...
Im sure ill have more questions as im doing it monday or tuesday.
Old 06-19-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
1. if you have a coupe, then the headlights can be pulled apart fairly easily if they have been outside in 70+ F, clear weather. just get a flathead and start prying. they'll come apart. if you have a sedan, use the oven method.

2. if you have a coupe, the chrome piece is screwed in to the clear plastic lense with TORX screws. i don't remember what size it was, but they're small and a bitch to get out. take those two screws out and then the orange piece is a simple matter of popping it out. take your time, though, cause the orange piece is fragile. don't want to mess up the tabs that hold it in place.

if you have a sedan, the chrome piece is held in with 1 phillips head screw. take out the screw and the orange piece comes out the same way as above.

3. if you want to, you could. i recommend that you sand with 400 grit or more (smoother sand paper), then prime away. wait for an hour before going on to your actual paint coats.

4. put a bead of sealant on the back, black headlight piece where the front lense "inserts" into it. squeeze the pieces together and wipe away excess silicone with a paper towel. it will get messy...there's no way around it.

5. GE Silicone II is what i've used for closing my headlights
Old 06-19-2005
PWIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
thank you, very informative
Old 06-19-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
put sedan lights in over at 200F for 5-10mins and pull apart. Reseal doing the same thing with original goo.