Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Going Low

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Going Low

I was wondering before I order springs i had a question. If i get the same drop on all 4 will the back sit lower then the front? So should i get like a 1.75 in front and 1.5 in the back to make it sit even?
Old 04-29-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
i think it'll be fine either way. I think the front sits a little lower in the front stock anyways. If your really concerned, you might as well get some neuspeed sport springs. Its 1.75 in the front and 1.5 in the rear. I have them on my ride and i love them.

They still leave a 2 finger gap but then again its a daily driver. The little extra drop in the front does give you a little extra handling since most of the weight in our cars is in the front, but it does make your ride really bouncy on dips if your on stock shocks
Old 04-29-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
My rear dropped lower than the front on my car from the sec they were on, no settling, nothing. I have goldlines, 1.75" all around. more like 2"+. But after I put the turbo kit on my car, it seemed to drop the front some more, so its a little mroe even, and definately better handling. The added weight/lowered gravity up front seemed to help a lot??

If you want it to look even, get a lower drop on the front. here is a pic of mine.

there is no finger gap in the rear, and there WAS about 1.5 finger gap in the front before, now its about half-1finger gap.
Old 04-29-2005

and both of those were before the turbo was added, so thats what it looked like w/out the added weight.
Old 04-29-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
if you are concerned, i would say go w/ neuspeed as well, I love mine, thought it is a little bouncy, nothing huge, just a little noticable on realy bad roads... I live in the country, so I notice it, but when im in town, smooth sailing... though I for somereason have been getting a squeeking/creaking noise from my rears, Im not shure I have my rear shocks set right... not shure...
Old 04-29-2005

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
O, btw, I just replaced my rear shocks... so yea, that may have somthing to do w/ the squeek... just thought I should add that... lol
Old 04-29-2005
How many pots have you smoken?

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
i got neuspeed sports and have barely any room to squeeze a finger in
Old 04-29-2005

Oh yea, thanks for adding that, I have no gap for fingers in back, and front maby 1.5 maby
Old 04-29-2005

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Does neuspeed make a 1.5" or a 1.75" drop? I only seen 2 and 2.25" on horsepowerfreaks.com
Old 04-29-2005

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
search for Neuspeed SPORTS. Neuspeed RACE is what you found.
Old 04-29-2005

okay i found them, so 1.75" in the front and 1.5" in the back, will that be too low? I don't want my wheels to tuck at all. I want them to be about 1 to 1.5finger. Give or take a little.
Old 04-29-2005

Here is a few pics... some of them arent too good, but may give you an idea...

Old 04-30-2005

What size wheels are on there? 16 or 17"? I have 18" with 215/35/18 tire will that be about a finger or 1 1/2?
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
i have 17's on my ride and i have 1 1/2 in the front and 2 finger in the rears. I installed them last week, so my springs are still settling but thats how it looks so far.
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

BiGDoG is on a distinguished road
Get B&G's coilovers and adjust them to watever drop u want :-)
Old 04-30-2005
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
i dont think its so much that the front sits lower as it is that the rear wheel wells hang down a bit more... for example bmw 3 series, the rear wheel always get tucked up in the wheel well (look at the racing versions) whereas the front tires are about even with the wheel well, despite an even drop.
Old 04-30-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
everyone and their dog has neuspeed sport springs.
Old 04-30-2005

I'm going with the Neuspeed Springs - Sport 1.75" F / 1.5" R, 183.95 + shipping. Does anyone know of a better place to get them for less? i'm on horsepowerfreaks.com
Old 04-30-2005

Nevermind, i found some on ebay for 124.95
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33586

What would be better? Tein S-tech lowering springs, 1.3 f 1.4 R or the neuspeed sports?

Last edited by drew22mader; 04-30-2005 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-09-2005

whoever negative repped me and said, god I hate your rims. thanks for the neg. rep. You coulda just stated your opinion, but you have to be a **** and be a little bitc*.
Old 06-09-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
don't get tein s tech.. i have them now and the rear sags....
i think i might be getting tein basic coilover to have an even drop both front & rear..
Old 06-09-2005

I got the Neuspeed Sport Springs, should be here this afternoon. Tomorrow the drop is going on, i just received the Tokico Blues SPC Camber kit this morning. I'm prolly going to the Tein Basic or SS Coilovers in September.
Old 06-09-2005

Well my springs just came in and i opened the box and to my surprise the rears are red and the fronts are yellow, is this right? I thought they were all the same color? There isn't anything wrong with them is there?
Old 06-09-2005

mine were all red