Header Question - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2005   #1
2004 Honda Civic EX

Civic404 is an unknown quantity at this point
Header Question

I want to buy a header for my car, but I am not sure what brand to buy. If you have any suggestions let me know.
Civic404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #2

K20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the rough
If you care about being CARB legal, get the DC Sports Header (although I seriously doubt Illinois is as **** about smog regulations when compared to California).

If not, I say go for the HP header.
K20me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #3
Registered!!

Shlomo is an unknown quantity at this point
i had the hp header and high flow cat and didn't like it. currently i have an obx shorty header and a megan downpipe and am very pleased with that. if you do want the hp header i have a slightly used one to sell.
Shlomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #4
Registered!!

03CivicEX4Door is an unknown quantity at this point
how much are you asking for that hp header and will you please send me some picks
03CivicEX4Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #5
Registered!!

i'll take some pics tommorow of it. i paid $300something plus shipping and it was on for about a month. i'm not sure on how to post pics but give me your email if you want me to send them to you.
Old 04-18-2005   #6
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Get kamikaze... it's made for civics specifically and gives the most gain. I felt a difference compared to generic ebay header.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #7
Registered!!

armjr2 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^^ would u say the kamikaze header is better than the DC sports header or they about the same???
armjr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #8
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the dc header is almost exactly the same as stock. I think (not sure) that kamikaze is also an equal length header, and the ports and pipes are alot larger than dc.
Old 04-18-2005   #9
2004 Honda Civic EX

if you buy a header should you also buy the downpipe too.
Old 04-18-2005   #10
Registered!!

SilvrCiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Kamikaze would probally be your best bet...but you could go to google and type in 'Header For Honda Civic' or something similar and see what you get out of that
SilvrCiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #11
2004 Honda Civic EX

I was looking at this magen header and downpipe on ebay can anyone tell me if this is any good.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
Old 04-18-2005   #12
Godlike member

ex_03 is on a distinguished road
good place to get the kamkaze, at least trust worthy?
ex_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #13
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Bigjoshracing.com where i got mine great service got it fast
Hayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #14
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
the best thing to do is not waste your money. you will get 0 gains
diskreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #15
Godlike member

yea but I'll look cool! LOL j/k, I thought at least removing the catalytic converter would help some!
Old 04-18-2005   #16
Godlike member

ps. they have a ebay auction for bigjosh:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
Old 04-18-2005   #17
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex_03
yea but I'll look cool! LOL j/k, I thought at least removing the catalytic converter would help some!

^ahahahahahahaa...anybody wanna buy my HP Header w/ highflow cat?
2k1civic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #18
Godlike member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k1civic01
^ahahahahahahaa...anybody wanna buy my HP Header w/ highflow cat?
Why are you selling it?
Old 04-18-2005   #19
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
I thought Kamikaze header looks great if anybody says stock looks better they need their eyes checked....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	engine.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	52175  
Old 04-18-2005   #20
Registered!!

scizod is an unknown quantity at this point
Kamikaze not good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayz
I thought Kamikaze header looks great if anybody says stock looks better they need their eyes checked....
Though it is a nice header, the kamikaze will make you lose power due to the size of the tubes. They are more geared for cars pushing very high pressure like turbo/supercharged cars. I had one and had my car dynoed and it actually came out with less power than my previous header which was a greddy. I put the greddy back on. I recommend one of those or a megan/hp header. Go with the kamikaze if you are pushing out some serious power.
scizod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #21
Godlike member

yea I could care less about looks, at least untill I figure out how to make all my panels see thru!
I am more concerned with power. But I guess bottom line is if compression is not increased than its a waste. Which obviously its not. The only true way to compress is turbo or motor build.
Old 04-18-2005   #22
Registered!!

yeah turbo or swap is the only way to really get power i was wanting power when i bought the header but now i just don't care if i want power i'll trade the vic in for something that does..... thats why i'm goin mainly for looks...
Old 04-19-2005   #23
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scizod
Though it is a nice header, the kamikaze will make you lose power due to the size of the tubes. They are more geared for cars pushing very high pressure like turbo/supercharged cars. I had one and had my car dynoed and it actually came out with less power than my previous header which was a greddy. I put the greddy back on. I recommend one of those or a megan/hp header. Go with the kamikaze if you are pushing out some serious power.
What car are u using this comparison on. because as far as i know there is no greddy header available for the 7thgen civic.
Old 04-19-2005   #24
Premium Member

kamikaze header does not lose power on the 7thgen. Actually I noticed more low/mid power over an ebay header with the same ports. I'll be getting a dyno soon to prove it.
Old 04-19-2005   #25
Registered!!

scizod is an unknown quantity at this point
Woops....

It Is On A 2000 Civic Ex Coupe. My Brother Is Driving That Now. I Got A 2003 Civic Ex Stock Which I Am Slowly Building Up. I Just Remember Getting A Dyno With The Kamikaze Headers In And Then Replacing Them With My Greddy Headers. I Actually Got More Power With The Greddy Headers. I Was Told That The Header Tubes On The Kamikaze Were Too Big For My Car And I Was Not Pushing Out Enough To Get The Full Potential With Them. Nothing Was Wrong With The Kamikaze At All, It Just Did Not Work Out Well On My Car. Please Print Up The Dyno Specs With The Kamikaze Headers In So Maybe I Can Apply Them To My Newer Civic. Now Is It True You Have To Shave Motor Mounts When You Install These Kamikaze Headers On Newer Civics. I Do Not Remember Doing That To My Older Civic.
scizod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #26
Balut Eating Champ

pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by armjr2
^^^^^ would u say the kamikaze header is better than the DC sports header or they about the same???
i say all the header for our D17 engine are the same... coz they all make about .2HP at the most

save your cash for a turbo upgrade
pnoyster2k1cvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #27
Registered!!

03CivicEX4Door is an unknown quantity at this point
wheres the best place to get a downpipe and high flow cat.

Last edited by 03CivicEX4Door; 04-25-2005 at 03:01 PM.
03CivicEX4Door is offline   Reply With Quote