Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

need ideas for my silver coupe

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
need ideas for my silver coupe

ok so all you silver coupe guys, i got an 02 ex. i was gunna get black projections and these TYC Black tails. i was gunna put 18 black/w polished lip rims on it, now i look alot of black rims and i just dont like the way the look. looks more like riding on big steelies than anything else. i dont want to do gun metal cause my friend has a silver 02 lx with gunmetal on it. im thinking more on the lines of some nice silver rims with a nice dish. so anyone with a silver coupe, or sedan i guess post up your cars so i can get some ideas.

oh btw im not getting the projections or the TYC tails, figured i would save the 250+ bucks and just black out the OEM heads and tails.
Old 04-04-2005

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
instead of the tyc headlight, do blacked or cleared headlight.
tyc tailight, do smoked or painted tailight

silver rims are too played out, so are the polished lip i suppose although i would still go with the polished lips with black spokes. how about just complete black rims?
Old 04-04-2005
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
nah not diggin the complete black rims, they need the lip... i guess black w/ lip will look good. but if you think about it, every style is played out. on this site if you dont have stock lights you have either cleared (possible panted black) or projectors(clear or black). but i know what you mean. you know of an silver vics with black/polish rims. ill post up a pic of the rims im lookin at.
Old 04-04-2005
PWIT

ok this is the rim i was lookin at
Old 04-04-2005
Registered!!

silver02coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Sup man, i drive a silver 02 EX Coupe as well, but its an auto. I also dont like all black rims, makes the car look dirty and like u just took the hubcaps off. Silver on silver is too much silver IMO. Black with a polished lip looks ok, but my favs so far are gunmental rims, like this dudes -http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrides/showphoto.php/photo/40063/cat/4/page/1
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

Black02Civ is an unknown quantity at this point
altezzas. Here is a nice set of wheels that i was lookin at that you might like...
http://www.wheelsnext.com/product.ph...inum=1&large=1
Old 04-05-2005
PWIT

those are some nice wheels. i like a little deeper lip like in the pic i posted. also lookin for some 18s cause well im not lowering it yet so 18s with 205/40/18 tires should come out to be almost like my stock height. me like. silver02coupe, i like gunmetal on silver too, but like i said my friend has my car exact car just lx/auto and he has gunmetal... so i dont want my car to look like his...
Old 04-05-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
My .02 is go w/ silver rims... here is some pics of my car... mostly diy black accents, might give you an Idea...
my thread
if you want more pics, hit the link in my sig... it is all updated now!
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

silver02coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldnt want my car to look identical to my friends either, might look like you are copying him or something. Another thing i dont like is that my brother and mom both have silver cars, so me having one makes it three silver cars in front of my house. And when my moms bf ( he drives a silver car too) comes over its a fleet of silver cars!

Last edited by silver02coupe; 04-05-2005 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice

Here's my silver 01 coupe. Smoked tails look real good on silver. I like my rims, you may or may not but just to give you a visual.....

Edit: Here's a chop of my car dropped and w/ 30% tint done by gaugeof12 Thanx for the chop btw

Last edited by PennyKnotOff; 04-05-2005 at 05:06 AM. Reason: better pic
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

Kizuel is an unknown quantity at this point
In my opinion, silver/gunmetal cars are the hardest to shop for rims.

I would go with something like these or like these in silver to match your car.
Old 04-05-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned

Follow his example
Old 04-05-2005

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
^^^ EXTREAM HOTNESS! good post day_tripper!

im not so lazy today so I posted pics
Old 04-05-2005
PWIT

Originally Posted by Day_Tripper

Follow his example
yeah i think his car is sick. what are those gunmetal c5s? i found a set of black c5s on wheels next 1300 with tires.

PennyKnotOff: i saw your rims, i dont like them to much, but they are diffrent so i like that, but its not my cup of tea.

Kizuel: your right the silver vic is the hardest to shop for. if i had gotten the black like i wanted i would be set. blacked out headlights/taillights black rims/w lip and it would have been sick. but silver just doesnt flow right with that style... i dunno...
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

Vantage should not be trusted
if ur not diggin black, try hyper black. Its like a chromy Gunmetal, looks super cool.or wat abotu a dark bronze? maybe it would look gay on silver, but silver/silver rims is overdone man, if u want to be unique, get konig kolors in ornage.:O
Old 04-05-2005
Back from the dead

Liro is an unknown quantity at this point
id say go with gunmetal or gloss black with polished lip like you originally wanted...

sick car day tripper!
Old 04-05-2005
spoiledsteph

Here's mine. Im just mainly working on the exterior. Although, right now, its in hte shop to get the system installed. 3 jlw6 10" in the spare tire well, 2 ppi amps, infinity kappa components all around......Oh its gonna be SICK!! Should get it back on Fri. But here is a pic of what it looks like now.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00001.JPE
Views:	189
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	51312   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00003.JPE
Views:	181
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	51313   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00005.JPE
Views:	196
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	51314  
Old 04-05-2005

^^^damn, looks good, are those rims chrome? not flaming, they look good, just wondering
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

HondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Day_Tripper

Follow his example
that is nice!

i can't insert my pics anymore because they are just red x's for some reason. feel free to check mine out in my members rides...
Old 04-05-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
here ya go hondasales

Old 04-05-2005

I like that last pic w/ the missile
Old 04-05-2005
spoiledsteph

Yeah, they are chrome. I know not alot of ppl like them, but i do. They aren't all ghetto fab like some chromies are...mine are just simple. I get heads turnin when i drive, which is what i want. And then, when it comes outa the shop, THEN i will be gettin heads turnin more, cuz that ish will BUMP!!! Yay for me!!
Old 04-05-2005

lucky bastard, lol
Old 04-05-2005
PWIT

yeah, the chrome does look good. im not into the whole bling thing though. thanks for all the ideas on rims and showing me some stuff. i was really torn between gloss black/w lip or silver. the silver looks real nice and clean, but i think imma go with black and do a whole silver/black theme with my car.
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
You should give the car a good drop before you do anything to it... never been a fan of dark rims...... I really liek silver on silver. check my sig and member rides for more pics
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

18rbetter is an unknown quantity at this point
^
Old 04-05-2005
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	civicweb.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	51328  
Old 04-05-2005
spoiledsteph

Yeah, im not into the black rims either, but if thats what you want, go for it. To me, it just looks like your rollin on steelies.....No me gusta. But, thats my opinion. Go with whatever you want. But get a drop first! That just looks yucky when you got rims with a huge wheel gap.