Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Well, the time has come. No more modding...opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MishBallzEM2
Good Move buddy....You know I'm with you on that!
I gotchu buddy !!
Old 04-05-2005
I'm The Ballz Of 7th Gen

MishBallzEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bufu
Old 04-05-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
Originally Posted by varmin
the best mod i got for my civic is the bolt-on 2005 accord v6.

hehe.

What?
Old 04-05-2005
just a troll who likes to laugh at YOU.

varmin will become famous soon enough
you're out of your element, blahman, stfu. you're like a small child who wanders...

in other words, if you don't get it, i feel sorry for you.
Old 04-05-2005
I'm The Ballz Of 7th Gen

MishBallzEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
you're out of your element, blahman, stfu. you're like a small child who wanders...

HAHAHAHA damn!!! PWN3D
Old 04-05-2005

edicivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

HA! thx varmin...
Old 04-05-2005
just a troll who likes to laugh at YOU.

varmin will become famous soon enough
i do what i can, and i'm a little bitchy since i quit smoking...plus i can't pass up the chance to quote TBL.
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

Vantage should not be trusted
I got the worst story about getting screwed outa $$ in a honda. All my prices are in honda, u wont feel so bad after my story, at least ur buddy got insurance.

ALL PRICES IN CANADIAN

1990 CRX Si $6700
B18a Engine swap $1800
b18b head $300
Hasport mounts $650
Crower 403 cams $350
Crower valvetrain $300
Port and Polish $600
Decking and install $300
Chipped ECU $300
AEM Cai $200
DC header $300
2.25" mandrel exhaust $500
Fireball muffler $200
Act clutch/pressure $750
Lightened Flywheel $100
Autometer Tach $150
" " Airfuel/Oil $350
Sparco Sprint $250
Brembo Slotted $300
Hawk Hp's $300
H&R Race $250
Koni red's $500
14" Powdercoated
1989 CRX Si Rims $250
195/55/14 $600
15" Kosei K1's $250
M/T Slicks $400

Total is $16,950

The only things i parted out when i sold it were the Kosei's with slicks, and the Sparco Sprint. Which makes it worth $16,050. Then i broke the Diff on the tranny and sold it for $4000!!!! i was going to school, and i needed the $$ ASAP for a new car, and didnt have time to take it to a shop to get it fixed so i sold for dirt cheap. thats a 13.8 second car for 4000 canadian, like 2500 USD.

Thats getting screwed, and u woulda thought i learned my lesson. No way, ive already started dumping $$ into the new 2001.
Old 04-05-2005
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
Originally Posted by VTECHGRL
i always question myself as to why i dumped over 20 grand into a car that didnt even cost that!

j/k... that's alot of money though, wow...
Old 04-05-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
do what ya gotta... you'll be back...
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

senseiturtle is an unknown quantity at this point
Spend your money on stuff you can transfer car-to-car.

Monster Mats, Radar detector, etc.

If you want a faster car, save money, and buy one. Turbos and swaps are hassles and money pits. Get a loan for a 350Z with a WARRANTY!
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

X-R8ED is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by scatman
well, its always been fun....i loved the countless installs the ive performed.....just recently ive realized that its a money pit. and its a good thing it happened nw so i didnt get too far into my Si
Me too, I was havin wicked fun until I ran into tickets and started having probs juggling the bills. Thats when I realized I was in "too far", then I got got a new job with significantly more money, bills are no longer a prob, but I think Im some kind of "modding addict" even though I know its a waste, expensive, time consuming, and overall not a good idea, I cant stop thinkin about stuff I need(want), I think I need help. I think I also just completed the first step to getting help
n e way, mod-on or not
Old 04-06-2005
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
just took off my test pipe last night and sold it.....sound is back to normal now...no more raspyness.
Old 04-06-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
turbo
Old 04-06-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
stuff has a way of happening. Right when I get to that point where there's nothing left to do, I think of something else I want. Over time, you will see the car differently and change/add/remove parts. It's all part of the game and no as much as I think it's over, I'm still buying and redoing things here and there. It won't stop until the car dies and get towed to the junk yard.
Old 04-07-2005

edicivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
stuff has a way of happening. Right when I get to that point where there's nothing left to do, I think of something else I want. Over time, you will see the car differently and change/add/remove parts. It's all part of the game and no as much as I think it's over, I'm still buying and redoing things here and there. It won't stop until the car dies and get towed to the junk yard.
HA !! thats it, thats me. i get to a point that i am satisfied with, then, i find something else i need(want).

Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
yeah

Originally Posted by scatman
After my wheels went on a couple weeks ago, I realized (even though I've loved my honda's and always will) that im done and that it is pointless and a waste of money to mod a car that can barely break low 15's. I know that there's swap/turbo/sc options but thats big money right there and its just not worth it. Not trying to **** anyone off here, just voicing an opinion. The money will never come back to me and it actually decreases the value of the car. A buddy of mine just had his car smashed into on the highway the other day, totalling it with 12k that he had into it.....I mean, that can happen to anyone, but the money lost is a kick in the ballz.

What do u guys/girls think?....Have it ever croseed your mind to stop?...I never thought I would stop, but the time has come to move on....

Yeah,

I am with you on that. I believe after having all what you have, you can pretty much stop mods and invest only on wears and tears. I now only invest on balancing, fluid change, break pad change and maybe rotor change when the rotor is dead. Basically, I will replace a part with a sport tune part only when that part is broken.

It is pointless to dump money until the whole car cost near 30k.
Old 04-07-2005
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
I dunno. Most enthusiests are doing it not trying to get something out of it, rather just to quench the fire that burns inside us. My goal is to be able to show, I don't care if I ever win anything, but just the oppertunity to be able to be out there and show. I don't care about going pro, getting a mag cover, a trophy or anything. I've long since realized that there is always going to be someone better out there, and someone a lot worse, but what drives me is the desire to not be like everyone and their grandma that owns a stock civic. Face it, we own one of the most popular cars out on the market right now. Why be like everyone else? You can have your time to assymilate(sp) when you are playin shuffleboard at a ClubMED vacation in 40+ years.

Just my .02