Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!
View Poll Results: Sidemarker wiring
always on with lights
33.33%
only with signal flashing
66.67%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

sidemarkers always on or just flashing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
crv's have side markers? Since when?
Old 04-20-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well they look like sidemarkers and are in the right spot. They just stay on all the time and they're amber.
Old 04-20-2005
Registered!!

AlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really nice
both.....flash only in the day time and always on at night with your parking lights!
Old 04-20-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
Originally Posted by AlpineCivic
both.....flash only in the day time and always on at night with your parking lights!

after i did my wiring i figured out that its not possible because its a dual fillament bulb in which there are 2 wires along with a ground and if u connect both it creates a short circuit and lights both filaments up all the time so inorder to do that u have to have a relay...so when the parking lights are on the relay turns on and when it flashes the relay releases and turns the side marker off when signals are on
Old 04-20-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
What? No, sidemarker is a single filament bulb. And yes you can make the single filament do both. Just hook one wire to parking lights and the other to signal. Both power wires, no ground. It will work both ways except with signal on AND parking lights the sidemarker will alternately flash with the front signal.
Old 09-10-2005
Registered!!

thw_goalie is an unknown quantity at this point
I say just with the turn signals flashing.