Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Lexus IS300 vs. Nissan 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Disclaimer:

THIS IS A CAR FORUM, NOT A US. VERSUS CANADIAN ECONOMIC DISCUSSION FORUM, THEREFORE MY KNOWLEDGE IS CAR BASED, AND MAY NOT BE 100% CORRECT.

First off I was never hacking on the fact he went to school Ive taken 3 years of university, plus 2 years of vocational training, and I don't see why you feel you had to defend him in the first place.

Exchange rates only apply if you are indeed exchanging from one currency to the next. If the two of us both work as managers in a international company I work here and make 50 a year CAN and you work there making 50 grand US then in esence, when you pull out $31,650 for your IS , where as I have to fork out $37,999 you pay less.

Please show me, not tell me that Americans make way less money per year than Canadians. We are currently overwhelmed with "snakeheads" taking people from China and Taiwan and setting up sweat shops here in BC

A joke I've always used about stats is they are exacty 82.5% incorrect, so what can I do other than compare one Bull$hit number to another?

So as sad as the sweat shop and illigal immigrant situation is, they were never considered in my off the cuff statment in the first place. I even stated my info was from google.

Lastly the comment towards people who like to correct people in a car forums about non-car realted stuff like spelling and statistics, are still intitled to suck my hairy ***

I say that only as I am simply without intelect, as one most certainly equals the other.
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Hurts2bStock
Disclaimer:

THIS IS A CAR FORUM, NOT A US. VERSUS CANADIAN ECONOMIC DISCUSSION FORUM, THEREFORE MY KNOWLEDGE IS CAR BASED, AND MAY NOT BE 100% CORRECT.

Exchange rates only apply if you are indeed exchanging from one currency to the next. If the two of us both work as managers in a international company I work here and make 50 a year CAN and you work there making 50 grand US then in esence, when you pull out $31,650 for your IS , where as I have to fork out $37,999 you pay less.

Please show me, not tell me that Americans make way less money per year than Canadians. We are currently overwhelmed with "snakeheads" taking people from China and Taiwan and setting up sweat shops here in BC

I say that only as I am simply without intelect, as one most certainly equals the other.

yes this is a car forum, but we still talk about other things other then cars. Hell, even S2000mam has two threads on physics somewhere. Being able to talk about other topics other then cars, is what makes this forum unique, it brings different points of views of things. I also like the fact, when people bs, their other people here to correct that person to make sure no misinformation is spread.

Exchange rates are used to determine purchasing power. Since different countries use different forms of money, when you exchange your money for that currency, they used the exchange rate to give you the same amount of purchasing power as you did with the currency you traded. In this case, to equal the purchasing power of one American Dollar, it takes 1.20 Candian dollars. Thats why we have exchange rates, because costs and expenses differ from country to country.

You used the example of two managers making 50k US and 50k candian. This isn't a fair comparison because it isn't the same amount of income. 50k can is only 41k US. Now lets replace canada with mexico using your example, two managers one making 50k US and 50k pesos. Using your logic i can say that Americans get there IS300 for cheaper because they pay 31k for there car while i have to pay 350k pesos.

Now for the statistics part, i'll even stipulate that US and Canadian incomes are very smiliar give or take a few grand, if you include professionals and exclude people not counted in census and government surveys. If living standards are similar in the US and Canada and they make similar income you would need to compare someone making 50k US and 60k can and see how much each pays for there IS300, that would be a fair comparison.

Its seems more expensive to you because your real income is less then the person working in the US.

Now look at it at another prospective. If you were Lexus/Toyota, does it make business sense to under charge cars in the biggest car market in the world and over charge in one of the smaller car markets in the world? Lexus/Toyota are in the market to make profit. How much profit do you think they can make by overcharging a small car market and undercharging the big market? Lexus/Toyota would go out of business in about a yr and only a yr because they have more money then most Japanese banks, domestics i would say i couple of months.

If you need more clarification, then i suggest you take a macro economics course.

You said "THEREFORE MY KNOWLEDGE IS CAR BASED, AND MAY NOT BE 100% CORRECT." Thats fine, I don't know everything about cars, but i don't claim too either, i know a fair amount about economics because i've studied it for some time and i'm getting a degree in it at the end of the year. i'm just merely correcting you on your arugment. I wasn't defending the other poster.

Statistics aside, your core argument is wrong.