Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Carbon Fiber Hood Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gagne123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Carbon Fiber Hood Question

I recently got a 2 foot long dent on my stock hood at Best Buy, someone must have tried dragging a T.V. across it or something... anyways I thought its a good time to go carbon fiber. My first question is about the windshield washer nozzles, Do those come with aftermarket hoods? And are they hard to hook up? My second question is if it is a good idea to get a VIS hood for around $400 plus shipping or get a grade A off eBay for around $250 after shipping. I would save about half getting the grade A, but I don’t want to be disappointed. Here is the hood I am thinking about getting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33646

-Aaron
Old 02-16-2005
Once boosted now i-VTEC

C Orndorff is an unknown quantity at this point
I got one from him. Fast Shipping and looks good, Go for it.
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

CLeeNx04CiVic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
you'll here this sooner or later by another member...U GET WHAT U PAY FOR...id say go VIS
Old 02-16-2005
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think VIS has the holes for windhshield washer nozzles. the only one's ive seen wit em is seibon, n thats more than VIS. dont get shitty hoods cause ull pay for it in the end
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

itskalvin will become famous soon enough
VIS has holes for the nozzles
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
Just open up ur hoot and look how the nozzles are connected (itz really simple)
doesn't matter if the cf hood has holes or not, if it doesn't it takes 1minute to do it urself.
I would go for Vis/Seibon/Carbon Images
Ebay=CraP
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
Don't go cheap cause you will regret it. I learned that the hard way. Mine was $275, didn't have nozzles hole which didn't really matter to me but ended up having to mod the hinges to get the hood to sit flush. I'm gonna end up buying a new one later on because it still doesn't sit right and it pisses me off.
Old 02-16-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gagne123
I recently got a 2 foot long dent on my stock hood at Best Buy, someone must have tried dragging a T.V. across it or something... anyways I thought its a good time to go carbon fiber. My first question is about the windshield washer nozzles, Do those come with aftermarket hoods? And are they hard to hook up? My second question is if it is a good idea to get a VIS hood for around $400 plus shipping or get a grade A off eBay for around $250 after shipping. I would save about half getting the grade A, but I don’t want to be disappointed. Here is the hood I am thinking about getting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33646

-Aaron

you'll need to transfer ur stock nozzles to the c/f hood. there are pre drilled holes from them to sit in. as far as getting the cheaper hood.....remember.....you get what you pay for.
Old 02-16-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
I know a guy that got an ebay hood and about 3 months later it had faded streaks all over it... It's better to pay the higher price up front then having to pay it later...
Old 02-16-2005
I'm The Ballz Of 7th Gen

MishBallzEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
go with the VIS hood....once again - You Get What You Pay For
Old 02-16-2005
Once you go Black on Black, You Never Go Back.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
robo1040 will become famous soon enough
got mine for 200 off ebay, it aint the best quality, but then again, i couldent afford the best quality. ....it serves the purpose. and mine had holes for washer nozzle