Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Piece of sh!t car

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Yeah, and if I get another d17 I am getting a brand new one from the factory...
Old 01-29-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
If you want a brand new one from factory, its gonna cost a lot more then $600. More like in the thousands. But if you nab it off this site or ebay, its gonna be $600
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Where can I find the price on a new motor from the factory?
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Did you ever consider getting 100k bumper to bumper extended warrenty? Since your car has 40k miles you could purchase one from Honda for like 800 bucks and you'll be covered for a long time. It'll be much cheaper then paying for broken parts each time.
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

I never thought of that...Will I still be able to purchase it even though my old warrenty has ended?
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 2k2civ34
I never thought of that...Will I still be able to purchase it even though my old warrenty has ended?
Of course, thats why its called extended warrenty. Stop by your local Honda dealership and tell them you want ot buy extended warrenty. My friend just got one for his 01 civic with 55k miles on it. It was like 850 for a 3 year 36k miles bumper to bumper extended warrenty so he should be good to go until about 91k miles worry free.
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Sweet, I will do that ASAP thanks alot. You have been repped
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

ACURAwerx is on a distinguished road
what happens if u do buy a lemon and the same problem keeps happening over and over? do they have to give u a new car or something?
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Yeah, they have to give you a new car asap...
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

so lets say u have a 02 or something and u keep having problems, do they have to give u a new 04 now for free
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

No prob man. Glad to help. Just dont tell them you're having a lto of problems with the car..... say you want to be extra safe or some BS along those lines.

One prob you might run into is that your car is modded and depending on the dealership they might give you some **** for it. Good luck though

Let me know how it turns out.
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Oh I plan on RTSing anyways to so I don't have to worry about that...I am going to RTS the engine and leave the springs and cf hood, prolly the wheels too
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

what does RTS mean? rebuild or something
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Return to stock
Old 01-30-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Well now I need a new motor, I just threw a rod and blew a hole the size of a golf ball in my block...So I am fuct b/c my parents and I can't afford to fix it...
Old 01-30-2005
Registered!!

Well now I need a new motor, I just threw a rod and blew a hole the size of a golf ball in my block...So I am fuct b/c my parents and I can't afford to fix it...
holly crap, that crazy.

what you can also try to do is call up a Honda dealership and try to purchase the extended warranty over the phone VIA credit card. it might work.

if it works just wait a couple days and get the thing towed to Honda.....

i dont knwo what else to say
Old 01-30-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
wow that's crazy. I wonder what was wrong with that engine.
Old 01-30-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Originally Posted by kornsined
wow that's crazy. I wonder what was wrong with that engine.
I am wondering too, that is the fourth time this motor has done this...
Old 01-30-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
try to get warranty and wait a couple of weeks then bring it in or talk to insurance. i dunno man that's a tough situation to be in. your probably almost to the point where you don't even wanna look at the car. i wonder if the ecu is fuked? if it is and you get a new engine without them replacing the ecu then it'll just blow again. plus a fourth time...that has to be a lemon.
Old 01-30-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Yeah they are going to tow it to the Honda dealership and check the problem then my lawyer is going to call them and talk to them...I hope I get a new car...the only problem is my cf hood won't fit a 05 or 04
Old 01-30-2005
Registered!!

I am wondering too, that is the fourth time this motor has done this...

4th time?? This is unquestionably a lemon. DOn't even worry about it anymore, if they refuse to give you a different car take them to court and you will win.
Old 01-30-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Court is a big hassle tho, I know I would win, and hopefully if we do go to court I can get payment for emotional damages and lawyer fees. I miss my car lol
Old 01-30-2005
Registered!!

Call 1-800-Lemon-Law

I think its free of charge. If you take them to court Honda will have to pay so its a win-win situation for you.
Old 01-30-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Ok thanks bro, I will give them a call tomorrow after I get the wrecker to come pick up my car
Old 01-30-2005
Registered!!

Tell them that your engine blew 4 times.

I think by law if the same problem reoccurs 3 times then its officially a Lemon.