Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Piece of sh!t car

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Piece of **** car

I am about fed up with my civic...I have had nothing but problems, first off the motor blew three times before 8,000 miles and the engine light has been on about most of its life (40,xxx miles) Every once in a while it decides to move the rev limitor to around 4k then I have to turn off the car and turn it back on when driving. I have lost most of my high end power, and now there is this loud annoying clicking coming from my motor. Also just to throw this in, my paint started chipping on my roof around 10,000 miles...if things keep up this way my car will never make it to its 50,000 mile birthday. Either the engine is gonig to blow up or I am going to kill my car and get a new one...I might take it to my mechanic tomorrow and see what the fvck is up. I prolly will never own another civic in my life time, or atleast one with a d17, maybe one with a k20 *hint hint*. I am most likely going to RTS it and just drive a stocker vic until I get a new car in a year or two, which this car prolly won't last that long, but whatever fvck this piece of **** civic...
Old 01-29-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
did you buy it brand new?
was it modded?
if so, was it professionally installed?
was it involved in any major accidents?
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

Jo_Boo is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like a lemon to me
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

Yoyoio is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Jo_Boo
same
Old 01-29-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
how do you drive?
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
the engine light has been on about most of its life (40,xxx miles)

Sounds like you dont take car of your car. So what do you just ignore the check engine light and say the hell with it? What do you expect?
Old 01-29-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
What happened to the warranty?
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jttegx
did you buy it brand new?
was it modded?
if so, was it professionally installed?
was it involved in any major accidents?
Yes I bought it brand new.
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Originally Posted by DIZZLE
Sounds like you dont take car of your car. So what do you just ignore the check engine light and say the hell with it? What do you expect?
Throughout the whole warrenty everytime I took the car to the dealership they would fix the problem and the engine light would come on like 30 miles down the road.
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Originally Posted by gearbox
What happened to the warranty?
It disappeared around 36,000 miles. Which was 4,000 miles ago
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Originally Posted by i8dabomb
how do you drive?
I drive normal, I only get on it when I have to get on the higway. I also only drive my car once a week or have since I moved to college...I drive it on fridays home and that is it
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Originally Posted by Jo_Boo
No, we tried that and it didn't work b/c it was a different problem each time
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Once in a while a POS Civic seems to slip through and looks like you got one. I wouldnt get mad at Honda because Honda is a good car manufacturer but like in everything that is mass produced once in a while a problem is bound to happen.
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Originally Posted by HustleLikeM0FO
Once in a while a POS Civic seems to slip through and looks like you got one. I wouldnt get mad at Honda because Honda is a good car manufacturer but like in everything that is mass produced once in a while a problem is bound to happen.
Yeah I understand that, but what am I supposed to do, I don't have money to get a new car or another car, and I don't have money to get this one fixed, and I know Honda won't do anything about it
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
sell it and get a newer civic or something else. POS civics do exsist just not as many as other manufacturer's.
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 2k2civ34
Yeah I understand that, but what am I supposed to do, I don't have money to get a new car or another car, and I don't have money to get this one fixed, and I know Honda won't do anything about it
I know, you're in a bad situation right now.

Maybe try getting rid of it for another Civic or another car?
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

In less than a year it will be paid off, so I might just bear it and RTS it and drive it stock until then and try trading it in for something else
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
try to trade it for another same year same milage civic. this way you to keep your aftermarket stuff. the only thing is getting it fixed and coming up with an excuse as to why you wanna trade for the same car.
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Originally Posted by kornsined
try to trade it for another same year same milage civic. this way you to keep your aftermarket stuff. the only thing is getting it fixed and coming up with an excuse as to why you wanna trade for the same car.
I could say I just want a different color...I wonder if that would work
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

Feiton is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm jw, does the vin start with a 1 or a 2? I am always curious if there is a difference between the civics made in canada and the civics made in america.
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

It starts with a 1
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 2k2civ34
I could say I just want a different color...I wonder if that would work
that would work. just say your really picky and don't have money for a paint job.
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Does anyone know if an AEM cai for an EX 5speed fit an auto?
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

no it won't. why you ask?
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Just in case I get an auto, if my AEM cai would fit
Old 01-29-2005
Boosted Auto Sedan Project In Progress

02sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
go k24
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Yeah I was thinking about that...do you think my insurance would cover a blown engine...and get me a k20?
Old 01-29-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
^depends on your insurance/policy i believe. if it was purposely damaged, then they wont reimburse you for it. if it was due to an manufactuer problem or act of god, then yes.
Old 01-29-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Ok well I have full coverage, will that help? Also I didn't purposly fvck it up
Old 01-29-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
The civic engine vtec is only $600. A K20 is alot more than that plus install. Like $6500+

Quick Reply: Piece of sh!t car