General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Any good body shop guys out there?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
OK, all the body shops that I visited here don't have a clue when it comes to our front bumper. "We could probably weld a piece in there and then paint over it" or "we can get the bumper off another car and bolt it over yours."

What I am trying to do is simply shave off the front license plate mount. APC did it on their show car (green one with bare metal showing)and it really cleans up the front of the car. Also, I don't need a front plate in MS anyway!

What I would like to do is see if anyone here has any experience with this sort of thing (urathene bumpers) or if you know someone you could ask or that I could contact that does this type of work. I would think that you could fill the square impression from the back with some type of filler and then sand it down. I have no idea. Can anyone offer and info?

Thanks fellas
Old 11-08-2001
Registered!!

OK, I guess not.

I think I'm just going to live with the license plate mount. It doesn't look that bad unless you have 4 big holes in it where the dealer put his cheap paper plate and plastic frame like they did on mine. Going to order a new bumper and have it repainted the same time I get my hood done and some other things. I was surprised to see that a new bumper is only $147.00. Thought it would be a lot more.
Old 11-08-2001
Registered!!

wsking77 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< OK, I guess not.

I think I'm just going to live with the license plate mount. It doesn't look that bad unless you have 4 big holes in it where the dealer put his cheap paper plate and plastic frame like they did on mine. Going to order a new bumper and have it repainted the same time I get my hood done and some other things. I was surprised to see that a new bumper is only $147.00. Thought it would be a lot more.
>>

thats without paint....with the paint at dealer is about $500
Old 11-08-2001
Registered!!

I don't intend to get it from the dealer and I have someone who can paint for me. I have to get my hood repainted so I might as well get the bumper done at the same time. Man, one road trip cost me a foglight, dented grill, and a dented hood. Ouch!