Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
italy273 is an unknown quantity at this point
Suspension Question

hey, i was looking into lowering my car with spings and i would like to know what would be my best set-up. I don't want to be lowed to much just to fill in my gap and to get better handling. I want like a 1- 1.5 in drop and i still want a good ride (stock or close), since i dont plan to replace my struts now.i was looking at the Tein S-tech, or the H&R Sport. can you guys tell me how you like your set-up and how it rides. I also have 17in Enkei RPM2 with a 215/45/17 tire.
I am open to what ideas you guys have.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
you can't drop it that much and not replace the struts and expect a good ride... It just won't happen.
Old 01-14-2005
Registered!!

Revmaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude, you got the wrong forum.

The mods will move this.........
Old 01-14-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
in before the move and lock!
Old 01-14-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Yep im in too
Old 01-15-2005
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
I rode on stock shocks and neuspeed race springs from may-september (4-5 months) of one summer. Replaced the 1 front and 1 rear shock cuz they blew. If you have warranty go for it if not don't even think about it.
Old 01-15-2005
Registered!!

xgimmick will become famous soon enoughxgimmick will become famous soon enough
tein s. tech
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

TSSCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
The Neuspeed sports, H&R sports, & Tein S-Tech are pretty soft springs. They are almost as soft as stock. Another one that is also good & ride similar like stock is the Eibach Pro-Kit. I've never personally tried the Tein S-Tech so I can't say much about that one except from just what people told me but out of those choice above, I would say the Eibach Pro-Kit would be the softest one based on my personal experience.

Even though they are soft & the manufacturers of these springs said it is okay to use them with factory shocks, they are still stiffer than stock. The spring rates of those aftermarket springs are heavier than factory spring rates which can be putting extra stress on the factory shocks that was designed to handle the factory spring rates.

My suggestion is replace the shocks also to an aftermarket one. Your factory shocks won't last that long with those aftermarket lowering springs. Unless you perform the installation yourself, you'll paying twice for the installation. Basically you'll save money & time on the installation if you just do the springs & shocks at the same time

Last edited by TSSCivic; 01-16-2005 at 03:27 AM.