Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Strange Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004
Powered by Honda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
y.0. KiLLa is an unknown quantity at this point
Strange Question

okay this might sound like a strange question but today i was looking at my car from the side. i noticed that the paint on the bumper kinda stood out compared to the rest of the car. its like a lil darker but not too much. o 0 its an ssm civic..
it has a stock bumper, does ne1 see this or is it just my car?
Old 11-09-2004
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

baggedblue02 will become famous soon enoughbaggedblue02 will become famous soon enough
buy it new or used? Might have been wrecked
Old 11-09-2004
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
ive noticed that when i had my 01, now that i have my 04 si and also on many other civics.
(both of my cars were/are SSM)
Old 11-09-2004
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
mine is ssm and my rear bumper is also a different color, under the sun, kinda like a brownish silver color. front bumper is ok. i think it came like that when i bought the car new.
Old 11-09-2004
MmmMMm.. I smell boost!

joski will become famous soon enough
Sometimes stock paintjobs are done under bad conditions.. When I got my car repainted a couple months ago, my painter said the OEM paint had alot of dust/dirt particles in and/or under the paint..
May not've necessarily been the type of paintjob or anything but it may have something under the paint that's possibly bleeding through. Besides that, not sure.. I didn't notice it when my car was NHBP and especially not now since it's custom!
Old 11-09-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
mine is a tiny shade darker, i am the only one that can notice though. but mine was repainted after someone hit me. this is the one reason i am never gettin another silver car again, it is a PITA to match paint.
Old 11-09-2004
Registered!!

wrussi is an unknown quantity at this point
i guess it happens with all civics i have an 03 eternal blue pearl and i noticed that the second day i got the car from the dealership it happens in both bumbers depending on the angle of the light and shade etc.. is kinda weird but i dont pay atention to it
Old 11-10-2004
Powered by Honda

y.0. KiLLa is an unknown quantity at this point
yea thanx for ur input.. i also noticed that if u look at it from the front it matches perfectly but if u go from the side the bumper is a lil darker. not much though. o0 well u cant notice it unless u stare at it..o0 well..
Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

dvsdara is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm glad you started a thread about this. I've noticed that too. Just like abmerop18, my bumper got scraped just about a month after I bought the car. Me and the guy that's gonna do my car are the only ones that notices it. It sucks even though nobody else can tell. My car's an 03 SSM BTW.
Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

mradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trusted
Have you guys ever looked at intrepid's? we've got nothing to complain about, but any way this non-matching bumper problem is called "flop" it occurs most common with metallic's and pearl's. this is one of the biggest problems with painting.
Old 11-10-2004
MmmMMm.. I smell boost!

joski will become famous soon enough
Flop
Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

6ft5inAllMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, I heard from a not so valid source that they paint doesnt hold up too well on the bumbers. My car is silver, and my bumber is a brownish silver in the sun light.
Old 11-10-2004
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
No No No I talked about this also In a camry forum and was told by toyota Canada that it has to do with the fact that the paint is stuck on a material different to the metal... The paint on bumpers has a flex material added to it thats why sometimes you see people backing into things and the whole bumper cover is wrecked but the paint is ok sometimes not even cracked... My camry gave a darker shade color on the bumper cover...

Anyways thats what toyota said makes sense
Old 11-10-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Hondas silver doesnt match well. It was even stated in consumer reports.
as for other colors cars will never look 100 percent pefect. you have differnt paint for differnt materials on your car.
Old 11-10-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Everyone with an SSM car - look at your car under fluorescent lights. Compare the rear bumper (plastic) to the fender (metal). I guarantee they're not a perfect match. Under the right conditions you can definitely tell. But meh, under the sun it all looks good.
Old 11-10-2004
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
as long as there's nothin major i wouldn't worry about it.
Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

sil04ver is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the same problem in my new 04 VP. Its SSM, and for some reason the drivers side door is a shade darker than the rest of the car....you cant notice unless youre looking for it though.
Old 11-10-2004
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
my stock 01 LX SSM as different colored paint on the fenders and bumper. The paint is exactly the same color i guess, but reflects light differently. so it looks bad in extreme sun.
Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
i got the same problem with my car. its a white '02. the front bumper color matches almost perfectly and the rear bumper is miscolored. you could only noitice it on the side though and never looking at the rear straight on. the color looks like a brownish-white.
i think its pretty messed up that so many people have this problem with their civics. i thought it was just me. at leas now we know huh?
Old 11-12-2004
Registered!!

Importracer will become famous soon enoughImportracer will become famous soon enough
silver is a very common color to have this problem with, but id say most of you are having problems because of the paint honda uses. Its only a three part system and is thined with water, because the hippies over at honda wanted to prove that they could be environmentaly friendly at their factories. This is also the reason why our cars scratch so easy. The paint is really thin, so when you paint a bumper that was originally black, with silver paint, light can still pass through the silver paint so thats why it looks a little darker, when you paint metal with the silver paint, no light can go through so it looks perfect. Honda needs to learn how to "blend" the paint on their cars so that this doesnt happen. All other auto manufacturers use a computerized blending system that allows for colors like silver to all look consistant..
Old 11-12-2004

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
i mix paint for cars at work... first off plastic takes colors different unless whole car is primered first... second.. for many colors (about 99%) now matter how close you are the paint will never be the exact same.... third it depends what clearcoat they use because some cause a slight yellow tint ... and ..whatever comes after third.. if you ever think of getting a three stage paint..(chameleon, nissan maxima pearl white) or sumthin of the sort ... dont because you have to put a base color then the pear then clearcoat(3 stages) and its impossible to know how many coats of each the person b4 u put
Old 11-12-2004

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Importracer
silver is a very common color to have this problem with, but id say most of you are having problems because of the paint honda uses. Its only a three part system and is thined with water, because the hippies over at honda wanted to prove that they could be environmentaly friendly at their factories. This is also the reason why our cars scratch so easy. The paint is really thin, so when you paint a bumper that was originally black, with silver paint, light can still pass through the silver paint so thats why it looks a little darker, when you paint metal with the silver paint, no light can go through so it looks perfect. Honda needs to learn how to "blend" the paint on their cars so that this doesnt happen. All other auto manufacturers use a computerized blending system that allows for colors like silver to all look consistant..
ummm you cant mix water in with paint...dont know where u heard of that but its a thing called thinner and its more expensicve than paint so theres no way they would do it...also it would be cheaper to put less coats but honda doesnt do that all company do same... and as for the painting over black... nobody would be dumb enough to do that u have to sand and primer first plus with three coats it would be covered(3 is kinda average) and if ur car scratches easy its the clear coat is not enough coats or too thin