Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!
View Poll Results: Which satellite service do you have/want?
Sirius
29.17%
XM
39.29%
Neither, AM/FM works for me
31.55%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Satellite radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005
MmmMMm.. I smell boost!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joski will become famous soon enough
I have XM and I love it.. Those of you complaining about the receiver being junk after 2 weeks (in regards to 'gearbox's post), that's not XMs fault, it's the manufacturer of the unit. I have the Audiovox XR9 and I love it.. Minus the scuff marks I already have on the screen.

I haven't listened to CDs in my car since I got XM.. I love music though so I can listen to tons of different genres and not only 1, so I don't get sick of it easy! I go between punk and hiphop.. And my girl browses the hits when she's in the car so I hear alot of stuff! Plus I love blues.. And that's only a few stations I've mentioned!

I love XM <3!
Old 09-22-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
I havent bought a CD/ listened to CD's since I got Sirius at Christmas.

Serously, if ur not up on this stuff. Ur ignorant. I absolutely love this and its great in the mornings/nights when all the usual stations play commercials. I hate commercials and usually drive at like 8 in the morning and 5 at night so that's the prime advertising/commercial time and with Sirius or XM u can bypass all that nonsense and u can listen coast to coast. U cant even go across the state with the same FM station on w/o it cutting out (for the most part)
Old 09-22-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i tried xm for a few weeks, garbage quality, stupid stations, and just as I was about to cancel anyway, the receiver breaks. Ugh terrible. I'll take fm radio anyday cause at least the quality is better and you don't get 96kbps mp3/aac whatever coming to you, just some little static instead. Near cd quality is a false advertisement even with stock speakers.
Old 09-22-2005
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
I have XM. I ****in love it.... We had a bad *** local rock/punk station here on FM but one day they decided to go spanish. I live on the border of Mexico... Lord knows we got enough mexican radio stations here... That same day they were pulled off the air is the day I went in and bought my Delphi MiFi XM2GO. I love that lil bastard... Can listen to it anywhere in or out of my car....
Old 09-22-2005
Registered!!

matt86 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have XM in my car at the moment but only because my mom has one of the portable units that you can move from car to car. I like it a lot and am considering maybe buying a receiver and antenna for my car... don't know what service i would get though
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

Rob2005SEcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
I have Sirius and I love it.. I am in my car 3+ hours a day and I have a docking station at work so I can listen to it all day... I got it for X-Mas and I can't remember the last time I listened to anything else.. the sound quality is OK it's not CD quality but it's decent.. when I got it I compared XM's service with Sirius and Sirius won hands down... I listen to mostly rock so sirius's 17 rock stations compared to XM's 7 (at the time) was a no brainer.. Sirius also has Howard Stern and Bubba the Love Sponge both are highly entertaining (neither however weighed into my decision). as for the advantages over standard AM/FM radio..... uncensored, no 5 song long playlists, Variety can't be beat, easy to find NEW music from NEW artists. lots of independant label stuff and the comedy channels are awsome... it only costs 13.00 a month and that's not enough to make anyone I know go broke.. and to you guys who are saying "why would you pay for radio when you can get it for free?" I ask you.... Do you pay for your Television service?? if you do isn't that a double standard? you can't watch your TV 24 hours a day yet most people pay in the $60-$100 a month range for cable.. overall satellite radio is a fantastic value and all of the little bugs with it now will be worked out in time. remember satellite radio is still a pretty new service so it'll only get better..

end
Old 07-09-2006
Registered!!

domingo79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sirius...

I have Sirius Satellite Radio and love it...I have recently installed it into my dashes DIN slot under the CD player giving it a factory look. Anyway, I listen to it all the time and if you think about it, you are in your car alot more than you realize. The sound quality is awesome because in connected it to the "line in" rca jacks of my CD player
Old 07-09-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
suirius is awesome
Old 12-30-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
If I would get one it'd be XM but thats out of the question now that I have direct connection to my new ipod thro my HU so now more CDs, YAY! And I'd prolly never pay for radio.
Old 12-30-2006
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
XM and Sirius are ok..but i like to be in control of my music. the iPOD adapter for my pioneer deck was the best investment i have made so far for my car.
Old 12-30-2006
Registered!!

Dieselboy is an unknown quantity at this point
I drive alot for work
if you listen to Oprah, Buy XM
But if you like real entertainment IT'S ALL ABOUT HOWARD STERN ON SIRIUS it is the best radio show of all time, if you don't like howard stern, your probably a F@G
Old 01-07-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough
the radio is horrible anyway.
Old 01-07-2007
Registered!!

zonk is an unknown quantity at this point
i don't really want either but i'll take them if they give them to me for free
Old 01-14-2007
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like my sirius i get really tired of the fm w/commercials/same songs over and over, and tejano taking over teh stations i grew up on.
Old 01-15-2007
Registered!!

southOCem2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Which service A) do you have? ... SIRIUS
B) do you want? ... SIRIUS is the best
C) Why? ... better stations IMO
Old 01-15-2007
Registered!!

cgarcer is an unknown quantity at this point
I have XM. Regular radio is so boring and repetitive. With XM, you have a wide variety to choose from and get to hear things that you never hear on regular radio. The sound quality could be better, but I still prefer it any day. To me, it's well worth the money.
Old 01-15-2007
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light
I'm in my car maybe 45 min a day. Why pay a monthly fee for radio?
Old 01-22-2007
Registered!!

Stevenjuke is an unknown quantity at this point
Down here in Tennessee, all we have is country and spainish stations. But I have a Ipod link for my Honda, and a 80gb ipod and a large cd collection.

Yes FM and AM SUCK
Old 03-20-2008
Registered!!

yingjai is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: POLL: Satellite radio

Originally Posted by Stevenjuke
Down here in Tennessee, all we have is country and spainish stations. But I have a Ipod link for my Honda, and a 80gb ipod and a large cd collection.

Yes FM and AM SUCK
80gb ipod is the way to go. fm radio is good once in a while to find out what's new out there. i guess satellite radio are for ppl who aren't into mp3s
Old 03-20-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah it has to be lol. i can get by just fine with a cd of mp3. and the quality is way better than any sat radio.
Old 03-20-2008
Registered!!

yingjai is an unknown quantity at this point

what are the bitrates? 64kbps? 96?
Old 03-20-2008
Premium Member

to me, the sat radio sounded like 64kbps. very muddy bass and poor highs. sounded like listening to a cd with earplugs on lol.
Old 03-20-2008
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

My XM experience has just ended. Same songs over and over ( I might as well play my purchased songs over and over), sounds just like the radio stations anymore talking all the time. Talking over the start of the songs. All the things I was trying to get away from. Got my player loaded with over 400 songs and I just need to install AUX input cable ( I have to use the IP bus on my Pioneer)

A couple of days of FM with the Civics in glass antenna and I'm ready !!