Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Is My Car Show Ready?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LiLaSiiAn8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by civic4dizoor
its clean ! enter ! ever since i was 14 i always daydreamed of having my own car in a show...now that i have my ride ive been workin alot and spending most of my money on my ride ...almost done BUT WHEN I GET THAT DAMN TAX RETURN IMMA BLOW IT ALL ON MY RIDE..hopefully ill be ready sometime in 04....goodluck
every penny of my allowance [ i can't work] goes to my ride.. sometimes more!!
Old 12-12-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by 1siksivik
ill be at HIN tonite. reppin the 7thgens baby. i got a 4 hr drive ahead of me going to Miami. wish me luck. btw where can i find brand new si f/r disc? is there a website i can get them off of or i just gotta get lucky at a junkyard?
lucky junkyard or once i saw a pair on the auto section of recycler.com!

*i've seen them on sale in the forums maybe twice.
Old 12-12-2003
Registered!!

badcivic2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
I say show it. There are too many loud cars in shows anyway. We need some nice clean cars to enter to balance things out.
Old 12-12-2003
Registered!!

weeee

..we have a lot of nakedness on this fourm now
Old 12-12-2003
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
m! i love ur car dont go all rice on me! **** show its a bunch of garbage! i say u go race and ull get more attenton. i think ur ready for a lil 50 shot hehehehe.
Old 12-12-2003
Registered!!

wh0a wh0a wh0a haha i d0n't want my m0m ridin' in my carin' sayin' "whats that button?" and we are flyin' down our street haha nos aye? i alwayz thought nos was for CHEATERS haha
Old 12-12-2003

Boiler_Room is on a distinguished road
Sure why not. You'd be surprised, you might even win in your class.
Old 12-12-2003
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
Originally posted by LiLaSiiAn8
wh0a wh0a wh0a haha i d0n't want my m0m ridin' in my carin' sayin' "whats that button?" and we are flyin' down our street haha nos aye? i alwayz thought nos was for CHEATERS haha

LMAO! that would be pretty funny, but yea please leave ur iish like it is. well for looks atleast and work on some more suspenion and upgrades here and there ur car is tight how it is. u do need a radio tho loll. but naw a lil 50 shot wont make u a cheater....but would be nice to the boys that roll up next to u trying to race. loll something like this as david would say that's gangsta! imp:
Old 12-13-2003
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
anything is show ready, IMO. it depends on what you are looking for as being show ready. where I am from, our biggest show of the year around here has to be NOPI Nationals, possibly the biggest show in the US. anyway, I am prepping mine for next year's nats. I have ordered the body parts I mentioned in my thread. And will be having the handles, and trunk key hole shaved (income tax time when I am getting everything done). And Im also ordering the 04 coupe tails. Except I wont paint it until about a month before the show, I'll be driving around in primer, course, some of the work will be done through the year. But as far as what is show ready, some people like the clean stock look, I personally think your car is nice, and after looking at the link you provided, looks like you have a solid direction you are heading in. its hard to say how you'll fare. nothing is ever any indicators until the last day. my boy put his CRX in NOPI 2 years ago, and wasn't expecting anything. Yet he placed 3rd in CRX Mild. he is a body work guy, so he did some things to dress it up, but it wasn't too much. He did a 95 civic front end conversion. and put some fender flares on the rear, painted all the trim to match, painted his laughing gas bottle to match, and painted some stuff under the hood. no audio mods, or anything like that. he had some recing seats installed, and a few other dress up pieces, but nothing too special. and then our other friend entered his Del Sol, which has a list of mods a mile long, and he got nothing. It is possibly the best Del Sol I have ever seen. just goes to show you what can happen at shows. I'd say go for it, you never know what'll happen.
Old 12-13-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by PopcornPlaya
anything is show ready, IMO. it depends on what you are looking for as being show ready. where I am from, our biggest show of the year around here has to be NOPI Nationals, possibly the biggest show in the US. anyway, I am prepping mine for next year's nats. I have ordered the body parts I mentioned in my thread. And will be having the handles, and trunk key hole shaved (income tax time when I am getting everything done). And Im also ordering the 04 coupe tails. Except I wont paint it until about a month before the show, I'll be driving around in primer, course, some of the work will be done through the year. But as far as what is show ready, some people like the clean stock look, I personally think your car is nice, and after looking at the link you provided, looks like you have a solid direction you are heading in. its hard to say how you'll fare. nothing is ever any indicators until the last day. my boy put his CRX in NOPI 2 years ago, and wasn't expecting anything. Yet he placed 3rd in CRX Mild. he is a body work guy, so he did some things to dress it up, but it wasn't too much. He did a 95 civic front end conversion. and put some fender flares on the rear, painted all the trim to match, painted his laughing gas bottle to match, and painted some stuff under the hood. no audio mods, or anything like that. he had some recing seats installed, and a few other dress up pieces, but nothing too special. and then our other friend entered his Del Sol, which has a list of mods a mile long, and he got nothing. It is possibly the best Del Sol I have ever seen. just goes to show you what can happen at shows. I'd say go for it, you never know what'll happen.
Yeah, I guess you are right. I mean, I have nothing to loose! Are there any web sites that list the upcoming shows in your area? I'm going to enter a small show after Chinese New Years to get some kind of feedback. Whats it like entering your car? I've been to shows but I leave after a few hours because it gets so boring! Do you have to leave your car at the show over night? My parents really hate me fixing up my car, especially my dad! I don't know what they have to say about me entering my car, I'm sure they'll be quiet upset if I have to leave my car their over night but I know it'll be safe.

Oh yeah, any other suggestions for preparing for [smaller] shows? (i.e. Bring a lawn chair and an umbrella and some friends to keep you unbOred haha)

Last edited by LiLaSiiAn8; 12-13-2003 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-13-2003
Registered!!

k20_dc5 is an unknown quantity at this point
most indoor and big shows you have to leave the car over night....examples are HIN and IREV

smaller shows like import showoff and drift showoff...you odnt need to leave your car the say b4

my suggestion is to bring those comfy camping chairs...cards...water...soem food...umbrella for outdoor shows in the daytime...camera...video camera...and a lil something i learned from the autobots....sneak in a lil liquor haaha...nothing helps kill time more than that...
Old 12-13-2003
Registered!!

haha sucks because I don't drink thanx for the advice tho
Old 12-14-2003
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Your ride is nice and simple I really like it as many ppl said I think a cf hood, black housing and maybe power coating your rims darker would give it a nice look. I personally think the cf/black and white scheme is just toooo perfect
Old 12-14-2003
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by LiLaSiiAn8
Yeah, I guess you are right. I mean, I have nothing to loose! Are there any web sites that list the upcoming shows in your area? I'm going to enter a small show after Chinese New Years to get some kind of feedback. Whats it like entering your car? I've been to shows but I leave after a few hours because it gets so boring! Do you have to leave your car at the show over night? My parents really hate me fixing up my car, especially my dad! I don't know what they have to say about me entering my car, I'm sure they'll be quiet upset if I have to leave my car their over night but I know it'll be safe.

Oh yeah, any other suggestions for preparing for [smaller] shows? (i.e. Bring a lawn chair and an umbrella and some friends to keep you unbOred haha)
im sure there are sites that show the show info around here. i have never looked for any though, cause my car club always informs me of them. at nopi they made them leave the cars over nite. shows are fun when you're reppin, or your with a friend that is showing. you get to meet lots of people. even if you don't win, its worth the experiance of meeting and greeting. get a good display, and maybe some vinyl, judges like vinyl for some reason. we took the vinyl right back off after NOPI, but it helps draw attention. do things that are different, to get you car noticed. its not conformity that makes you stand out, make your display unique, or do something with lighting, or mirrors, or your acual car. make sure what you do is unique, thats what gets you noticed.
Old 12-14-2003
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
just got back from HIN. it was crazy. right hand drive skylines, supras, everthing. i knew as soon i rolled in i didnt have a chance. but i had an amazing time with my crew team lfr. we had our models out again and boyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the guys went nuts. i had ALOT of complients on my car. everybody came up to me askin about it. so the 4 hr drive there and back was kinda worth it that people like my ride just as much as me. ill have pics in the next few days. i didnt win but it was great. next show is januray 17.
Old 12-20-2003
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
I say you just go for it!
Old 12-20-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by 7thGenerasianCivic
I say you just go for it!
When's the next one? LiL Man hasn't updated the list yet!
Old 12-21-2003
Registered!!

fly98ex is an unknown quantity at this point
i wouldnt waste the money on show's IMO..