Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I was robbed!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
I was robbed!!!!!

Wow, this is quite an interesting story. I work at Worst Buy.. errrr I mean Best Buy. Yesterday, I just came in from my lunch break.. all I do on my lunch break is sit in my car and smoke a couple ciggs and drink water (pretty healthy lunch eh?). I never play my stereo when I pull into a parking lot. Sooo.. I come back in from my break, clock in, and go back to work. About 20 minutes later, one of the Loss Prevention associates come up to me and tells me to go outside by my car because the police want to talk to me. I was like, "ohhhhh $hit, what did I do?" So I go outside and I see this guy and two cops by my car. I walk up to my car and I see my window visor (the plastic things so you can keep your window open in the pouring rain and still keep dry) in a million pieces on the ground, the passenger side window pulled out, and the door is out of alignment). The cops tell me not to touch my car because they want to take fingerprints. The other guy outside with the cops work at the bank across the street and he saw them break in. He called the cops and there just happened to be a cop in the area and he arrested the two guys who they think did it. Apparently there have been over 100 car stereo thefts on that city block within the last 3 weeks so they think that these two guys are the ones and they're in a **** load of trouble. A detective came and dusted for prints. As soon as the prints come back and if they match the two guys they arrested, I'm pressing charges. I'm not really too pissed off that they stole my two amps, but I'm more pissed off that they ****ed up my fiberglass amp rack BIG time.. like the point of no repair. Okay, insurance can pay for my car to get fixed (or those two guys can if I press charges), but WHO IS GOING TO BUILD ME A NEW AMP RACK? That thing took me like.. 3 months of hard work. I figure they can pay restitution so.... that covers the window, the door, the window track and anything else they ****ed up in the door, they can give me my amps back, they can buy me a new window visor, and they can pay me a few extra bucks for all the pissing around i have to do now to get my car fixed. I work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day. When do I have time get my car fixed? It doesn't help any that I work an hour and a half away from home so even if I do get my car fixed, how am I getting to work? Does anybody know how much extra money I can get out of these guys? This sucks not having my system and it pisses me off about my fiberglass.. *blah*
Old 11-15-2003
All show!!!

EviLMyStS is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow that's pretty crazy dude... I'm glad that everything is going alright compared to other people's break-ins... Really sux to have this happen to you...
Old 11-15-2003
Registered!!

SlickCivic2K3 is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks, Dude. Sorry about your loss.
Old 11-15-2003
Pimp Juice Distributor

Location: Dallas, Tx but now Virginia Beach, VA 'cause of job...
SeCosCiV is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, really sorry. But hopefully the thiefs are caught. I'll never know where my stereo is. Get em for everything you can. Do it for all the rest of us!!!
Old 11-15-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like more and more cars here are getting robbed lately. Sorry about your car and amp rack. I hope those thieves get what they deserve. You should have tied down your trunk from the inside.
Old 11-16-2003
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Your lucky cops caught those bastards!! I wouldve killed em!!
Old 11-18-2003
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
haha all that held down my amp rack were 4 phillips screws.. When I make my next 'glass amp rack, it's gonna be torx bits or some other weird bit that isn't that common.
Old 11-18-2003
Registered!!

Braydogg is an unknown quantity at this point
i would of pimp slapped the hookas!!!!!
Old 11-18-2003
Registered!!

showoner is an unknown quantity at this point
shoulda backhanded them biatchez, then let the law do there thang out back for additional pain / suffering, glad they got caught fo they victimize anotha 7th gen.......good luck with your new set up.bolt it down this time....
Old 11-18-2003
Registered!!

yittleblackcivic should not be trusted
i hope you get your money back and stuff....but you cant bleed a rock....even if you press charges you may never see a penny.....hope everything works out.....
Old 11-18-2003
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
my friend got his stuff jacked by some minors and didn't get crap, 1. the kids didn't have money, 2. the city jacked up on his stuff, just follow threw with everything, and get that fiberglass thing appraised like it was made by a expensive shop
Old 11-18-2003
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
It sucks cause you lost all the time spent making the custom rack. My advice for next time--make it as hard as possible for thieves to get in. Tie down the trunk if you don't use it and disconnect the release lever. The longer it takes to gain access, the better the chances are of them giving up or getting caught.
Old 11-18-2003
Registered!!

Connie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the rough
that REALLY sucks, but you know how much shops charge for custom amp racks? go get a quote and keep the money, at least they caught the guys....
Old 11-18-2003
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
I work at best buy also, during christmas is the worst time for break ins...i hear of at least 5 peeps a year that get their shi stolen
Old 11-19-2003
Initial D!!!!

nightkids1 is an unknown quantity at this point
thats why i dont have a sytem
Old 11-19-2003
Premium Member

So that means the thieves win? No retard is keeping me from getting a system. You just have to be smart about securing it.
Old 11-20-2003
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't have systems for the ease of how easy it is to bust a window, pop the trunk and run with the crap. Living in Phoenix it happened 24/7 But yeah man that sucks hopefully you get everything worked out.

Even here locally a shop got nailed for installing systems then magically a few days later they walk outside of their place and guess what everything is stolen. Yeah talk about BS right there glad they got nailed.