Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Left front camber is off, but no drop!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NightKids is an unknown quantity at this point
Left front camber is off, but no drop!?

I got my alignment done at work the other day and my co-worker showed me that my front left camber is off and that I'd need a camber kit to correct it. The thing is, my car isn't lowered.

Now, I'm willing to get a front camber kit since it only runs about $30, but I'm wondering why is my camber off. My right rear is a little tweaked too, but it's still within range of factory specs. All I have are 17" rims with 205/40/17 tires. I was wondering if my frame might be messed up or something else. Has this happened to anyone else who hasn't lowered their car yet?

It'll cost about $50 to get the kit and have it installed, and my alignments are free so its no big deal, but I'm afraid there might be something else that is wrong with the car.
Old 02-28-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Your camber can get off without lowering, just from normal/excessive wear and tear, especially if you try to drift (i am going by your sig). The camber adjustment on the car should be enough to fix the camber if it isn't too far off. They just have to turn a little screw to fix it. the should do it on this machine that will let them know when the camber is straight up.
Old 02-28-2003
Registered!!

pleasejoe is an unknown quantity at this point
check your tire pressure, its recommended by oem specs (tire plaquard) 30 psi front and rear, no matter wut size tires, unless its a special tire(ems, bias-ply,etc.) or special purpose (snow,drifting,towing,etc.), jus make sure the tires have 30psi all around and get it realligned! if not, it could also be your driving habits, wichi may lead to premature bushing or suspension parts to fail, check for outer-roundness of the rim, bushings, leaks, everything!
Old 02-28-2003
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
tire pressure has nothing to do with camber..
Old 03-01-2003
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Yup, it happens.....where would the alignment guys be with no job to adjust alignment![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

NightKids is an unknown quantity at this point
Thx for the info. I don't road race or drift with this car which is why its on stock suspension, I use my 240sx for that kind of stuff. This is my daily driver, but I live in a canyon and my area has some really messed up streets (the streets are flat, therefore water from excessive rain is not drained properly leaving huge potholes that are impossible to avoid). I was just wondering if it was possible to hurt the alignment that bad without tweaking the frame.

I guess I have to get a front camber kit.

Thx again
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

Cisco88 is an unknown quantity at this point
You must have hit a bump or something?
Old 03-03-2003
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: NightKids
Thx for the info. I don't road race or drift with this car which is why its on stock suspension, I use my 240sx for that kind of stuff. This is my daily driver, but I live in a canyon and my area has some really messed up streets (the streets are flat, therefore water from excessive rain is not drained properly leaving huge potholes that are impossible to avoid). I was just wondering if it was possible to hurt the alignment that bad without tweaking the frame.

I guess I have to get a front camber kit.

Thx again[hr]
If it's so far out it can't be adjusted with a factory alignment, then there is something bent, but pobably a steering/suspension part, rather than the frame.