Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Po' mans front strut dust boot fix.. how to keep them up

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Po' mans front strut dust boot fix.. how to keep them up

Welp today I changed my oil for the first time in meh civic. At 4787 miles I'm glad I did since I saw shiny particles floating around. I guess thats to be expected since it was the first change. Oh BTW my original stock oil filter was one manufactured by FRAM for Honda. Grrr..

Anyways, for those who trimmed their front bumpstops, here a way to keep them up. As you know if you trim them, they dont stay up on the top portion of the strut. With my car up still up on jack stands, I took some 1/4" rubber hose about 3" long and split it down the middle with an x-acto knife. I then wedged the split piece of hose between the dust boot and the strut piston using about half of it. With the other half of the hose, I just folded it over the dust boot cover and zip tied it around. Afterwards I pushed the whole cover up and it voila! my struts are now protected.

FWIW

Old 03-01-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
A lil not picturing this in my head, i haven't installed my springs yet so i haven't actually looked at anything yet....And its 2 oclock in the morning....Anyway can you post a pic?
Old 03-01-2003
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
I would post a pic but my car isnt on jack stands right now and its hard to get the cover exposed enough to take a pic. When you install your springs you'll get a better idea of what I mean. Basically all I did was wedge a piece of rubber between the dust cover and strut piston so the cover wont slip down, then zip tied the rubber piece around the dust cover.