Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

What would the best Suspension setup...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinoyboi79 is an unknown quantity at this point
What would the best Suspension setup...

Hey guys... I'm new to the forum, but always visit the site when I need some advice... I searched the forum on what springs would be best and I went with Progress. BUT, after searching and reading other reviews, it said that camber kits are needed, and most likely new shocks. Alot of people recommended Koni yellows... I plan on getting 16 inch Quantum Teks S-06 w/tire size 205/40... Just wanted to know what would be the cheapest, but best route to go... as far as my tires not wearing out fast, shocks getting blown, etc.... any help would be great... thanx..
Old 01-31-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Progress spring will blow your shocks fast because they are a low drop, 2" all around. i have seen this drop in person on a civic sedan. The only shocks out now are Koni's. Unless you get a true coilover kit, HR cup kit, or wait till tokico/kyb come out then koni's are ur only choice. It is suggested that you get a camber kit for a drop lower than 1" so yes i would get a camber kit unless you want your tires to wear unevenly. I would get front and rear camber kits for a 2" drop, especially since it might be slightly lower after the springs settle in. The cheapest route to go is just to get the HR cup kit (lowers 2" front and 1.7/1.8" rear) as of now. It is cheaper than koni's and springs, plus they are matched rates. true coilovers would be the best but they are expensive. Search around. this might get locked so be warned, you should search first.
Old 01-31-2003
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
so you have the progress? how do you like them? if the ride is fine and it looks nice, just keep them. if the ride gets badd, either replace them or get new shocks, but ya if your happy with them for now, why bother fixing something thats not broke...
you dont need a front camber kit but i recommend you get a rear cause i've seen the drop with progress springs and the rear is pretty low..
Old 01-31-2003
Registered!!

pinoyboi79 is an unknown quantity at this point
thanx alot RobbClark1 for your input... It really helped out alot... As for answering VNlilMAN's questions, I ordered it thru Optionsautosalon.com. I should be getting it in sometime next week... I've read reviews ( not this particular site) that it was pretty good... I was just basically looking to kill the gap alot... I want a suspension setup that is good for everyday driving, that rides as good as stock, but gives it that aggressive low stance look... Most importantly, looking for a setup that won't deteriorate the life of the other components in my setup...(Shocks) I'm kind of regretting that I got just the springs.. I don't know to much on suspension setup and what is best, but I was thinking I should of just got a TRUE full coilover set... I don't know.... any other input would be great... thanx in advance guys...