Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

camber kit bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bullitt is an unknown quantity at this point
att. VNlilMAN: camber kit bushings?

Which kind of bushings (rubber or poly) are more suitable for an Ohio climate with concerns to wear, ride quality, and longevity of the suspension setup. I have Neuspeed Sports and 18' RH S15 Evo's with 215-35/ZR18 Toyo FZR's and am going with Ingalls for the camber correction. Ingalls makes 2 different kits one with polyurethane #3895 and one with rubber #3897. I am a senior in college and do alot of driving on varied surfaces that are not always of the best quality. Some advise on this area of concern would be helpful soon I want to do an install in the following week as to get that look achieved.

edited by VNlilMAN: title
Old 08-12-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
you know you didn't have to make it to my attention, i'm sure there are alot of other people that know more then I. i'm not too familiar with the climate in ohio, does it snow there? cause i have no idea with the salt on the roads would effect the rubber. but ya just know that polyurethene gives a 'tighter' feeling. i think the ingalls website describes this pretty well. only badd thing about poly is you have to grease them often as if they're not greased they'll start to make noises. i really dont think your going to notice a difference when it comes to rubber/poly on a camber kit tho... mainly purpose of a camber kit is to correct the camber, i mean if you had a choice between rubber or poly upper mounts on the spring then yes it might but on a camber kit, i doubt it... i personally would just go with rubber since, knowing me i would be too lazy to grease the poly's.... you also might want to look into the SPC camber kit, i have heard that they were better then ingalls. only thing is theres a slight complication with the ABS line. and as for the front, you really dont need it as we have mcpherson struts and the camber is hardly effected, probably like .2-.3 degrees but that would still make the camber in spec(i heard the spec for our cars is 0 +- 1 degree meaning anything from -1 to +1 is in spec). but ya maybe someone else has more input on this.
Old 08-15-2002
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
i got Ingalls Rubber b/c its for street everyday usage... Installed yesterday and it was easy for the guy to install and adjust too. I wish I could get my money back and do it myself. But take into consideration about what Vnil said..
Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

1955 is an unknown quantity at this point
I AM TIRED OF LOOKIN AT MY REAR TIRES LEANIN TO ONE SIDE,,WHERE CAN I PURCHASE SPC CAMBER KITS ANYONE?
Old 08-25-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
You can get the front from me! For Sale: SPC Front Camber Kit
You can get the rear from GroupBuyCenter. SPC Camber Kit GroupBuy w/ FREE SHIPPING!!!!