Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Help - 2003 Civic SIR - Stock Height Suspension

Old 10-21-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blaze188 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help - 2003 Civic SIR - Stock Height Suspension

Hi Civic Members,

I'm a proud dad that just bought a 2003 Honda Civic SIR with 119,000 kms on it for my son who will be turning 16 in November. This is a great little car, it has aftermarket sway bars in the front and rear, Koni adjustable struts, poly bushings and lowering springs. The issue is, we live in Edmonton, Alberta and yup, a lowered car here wont work that great for a new driver, so I am asking for your help.

I would like to keep the car at close to stock height, specifically for our winters up here, but would like to have a more sporty suspension on the car, that isn't as firm as the current set up. Can you please let me know what setup you would recommend that I can buy online, as the winter is coming and I would like to get a new setup installed asap.

I appreciate your advice.

Cheers,
Blaze
Old 10-21-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Help - 2003 Civic SIR - Stock Height Suspension

If you're willing to pay for OEM, the stock setup wasn't really all that bad since it was a more performance-oriented setup. You should be able to order the parts directly from Honda. I don't know how their estore works for Canada but you can find it here.
Old 10-21-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Help - 2003 Civic SIR - Stock Height Suspension

If you want to still be able to lower it check out Ground Control sleeves.

OEM you could look at a junk yard.