Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Lower arm bushing question

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fusion158 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lower arm bushing question

I was checking my brake rotors this morning to see if they were warped (they are so will need to rotors ) and I decided to have a quick look around to see if I could see anything that might need work soon. When I looked at the bushing on the front left lower control arm I noticed that the rubber was cracked more than on the right and looks to be torn a bit. I have included a pic below. Would I need to replace these urgently or could it wait a month or so until after my trip home to Ireland? Also, any recommendations on what to replace them with? I have seen people recommending Energy Suspension, are they considered one of the best? I don't mind replacing all the bushings on the car if it would be better in the long run. As for as I know they are the original bushings, the car is an 04 Civic EX, currently sitting at 121,000 miles and is doing about 150 miles a day.

Old 08-23-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lower arm bushing question

stick with energy suspension bushings. the stock ones are weak and will always break. if there is still some rubber holding it together, you should be okay, but tires will not wear correctly due to the alignment changing.
Old 08-23-2012
Registered!!

fusion158 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is still some rubber but I think I will replace them as soon as I can but at least I know I have some time to spare. Can't afford to do all the work in one go and I think the brake rotors are more important at the moment. Thanks for the quick reply
Old 08-23-2012
Registered!!

Speed9117 will become famous soon enough

what gearbox said ^ The energy suspension bushings are fantastic.

I wouldn't really worry about replacing them right away though. Just when you have time like you said. I'm pretty sure I drove 6+ months on a pretty much non-existent front bushing before I figured out what the problem was and replaced it. Didn't do any permanant damage or anything.