Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Lx rear sway bar/progress adapter/progress tie bar

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed9117 will become famous soon enough
Lx rear sway bar/progress adapter/progress tie bar

Hey all,

It's been a while since I've been able to be active here... I got real busy with school then real busy with work.

Anyway, I have a few questions regarding adding a rear sway bar to my 01 Lx. I've done plenty of research and my current plan is:

19mm RSX sway bar + ES sway bar bushings + Progress rear sway bar adapter kit

My first questions is regarding installing the rear sway on my car that doesn't have one... The Progress instructions use the sway bar/tie bar combo and when they install it they use the tie bar as a template to drill the holes for the sway bar. My question is, is there any other way to drill these holes accurately other than just kinda guessing? They also use threaded nut-serts... Do I need to get some of these? If so should I look for certain grade, etc?

My second question was going to be if anybody knew how to get a hold of Triz, but I just did.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help

Hopefully I'll be updating my show/build thread soon too... It's been a busy past 6 months for my car
Old 06-23-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Lx rear sway bar/progress adapter/progress tie bar

I have an 01 Lx and put the progress rear sway and adapter kit on. You need the nutserts for the top mounting holes that hold the bushing because you can't put a nut on the other side there is the subframe in the way. As for a template I don't know, I used the progress subframe brace.
Old 06-23-2012
Registered!!

Ah alright. I just looked again, and it looks like the adapter kit comes with the nut-serts... I had it in my head that they came with the tie bar combo but I was mistaken. You wouldn't want to sell your tie bar by chance would ya? haha
Old 06-23-2012
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

haha no, I have only had it for a couple monthes and it looks way to cool. If you talk to progress they might be able to get you a template or something , progress's customer service is suppose to be really good!
Old 06-25-2012
Registered!!

Hey GolNat, would you be able to do a huge favor for me? (or anyone else for that matter)

Could you take some measurements between the bolts on the LCAs/sway bar? If you could measure the 3 distances on the drawing I attached I should be able to locate the holes.

Old 06-30-2012
Registered!!

bump. Somebody please help me out with this. I have all the parts, just no template to drill the holes and I really don't want to drill blind. Anybody with a 7th gen that isn't an 01 lx/dx should be able to do this.

You will have my eternal gratitude. I can also offer up a pair of RSX enlinks and sway bar bushings if anybody needs them. The bar came with them, but the kit has its own endlinks and I got ES bushings.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-30-2012
Prelude Owner

If you can wait till tomorrow then I can measure it for you. Sorry, I didn't see that you posted 4 days ago.
Old 06-30-2012
Registered!!

Yeah tomorrow is fine. Thanks so much! I really appreciate the help.
Old 07-01-2012
Prelude Owner

Dimension 1 - Pic 1/2
Dimension 2 - Pic 3
Dimension 3 - Pic 4
Pic 5 is the dimension down from the bottom bushing mount to the lower control arm bolt.

Dimension 1 looks like 1.680in

Dimension 2 looks like 3.25in (I would use the bushing bracket for this dimension and just measure n=between the slits)

Dimension 3 looks like 19 7/16 - 19 1/2in

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anymore measurements.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0641.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	83604   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0644.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	83605   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0643.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	83606   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0640.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	83607   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0642.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	83608  

Old 07-01-2012
Registered!!

That looks great! That should be exactly what I need to drill the holes in the right place. I appreciate the help.

+1 for you! wish I could give more haha
Old 07-01-2012
Prelude Owner

No problem. Thanks for the rep. Good luck. Make sure you have a good drill, that metal is TOUGH. I burned out my electric drill.