Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

what to get

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cannon is an unknown quantity at this point
what to get

i have an 02 lx coupe .. i wanna be able to slam my car soon .. i pretty much want the best bang for my buck..ive been reading on the reviews on a few coilovers and im still not sure which way to go yet..seems like the most popular are Pro S II's and tein basics .. but im not sure if they will be good enough to "slam" my car..any comments are welcomed..such as the best way to go/best set up..thanks again
Old 07-02-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: what to get

don't know were you been reading but those aren't the most popular setups for 7th gens that would probably be either ground control+koni yellows or for the cheapskate racelands. but i use Progress Technology.
Old 07-03-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

The most popular set up I know of is Ground Control coilover sleeves with Koni Yellows, which should let you get really low. Any combination of GCs and shcoks can yield different results. Lately a popular coilover is by Progress Technology. I don't know the range of adjustability on those, but their quality and modularity is unmatched
Old 07-03-2012

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

----
Old 07-03-2012

Wow... double post, i don't know how that happened!
Sorry
Old 07-05-2012
Registered!!

cannon is an unknown quantity at this point

haha all good...and so will this do? http://www.ground-control-store.com/...p/II=521/CA=55 .. now with that..what else should i get while im at it ?
Old 07-06-2012

That looks about right. Now you'll need aftermarket shocks. OEM shocks will blow out if you slam the car and likely cause severe damage to the suspension or even send you crashing into a tree. So it's very important to get shocks that are designed for lowering.

Koni Yellows are frequently used with GCs because they are very durable and allow for a low drop. I don't know the specifics, but I believe there is some modification involved to make the Konis fit. If that sounds too difficult, you can also go for Tokico Blues; also great shocks but probably won't let you get as low as the Konis.
Old 07-06-2012
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
I don't know the specifics, but I believe there is some modification involved to make the Konis fit. If that sounds too difficult, you can also go for Tokico Blues; also great shocks but probably won't let you get as low as the Konis.
To use Konis, you have to gut the front strut tube (there's a tutorial on this site on how to do that) and slide the koni inside...that's about it for mods as far as I know...if you don't want to cut stuff up, a bolt-in alternative are the Tokico D-Spec struts...they are direct bolt-on adjustable dampers that work very well with GC sleeves, but they are a little more expensive than the konis I believe.
Old 07-06-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Tokico D Specs are nice!! I have them on my 01. I am currently saving up for GC, have sportlines now. I have a brand new D-spec that I will sell you for a good price. You would just to need to buy 3 at retail.