Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Future Rear Suspension Swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Future Rear Suspension Swap

First of all, good to be back. Had to leave for a while - personal reasons. But with the bad, comes the good. I came across a deal that was just too good to pass up. So in the next month or so I will be swapping out my Neuspeed Rear Brace / Swaybar Combo out for a... (Wait for it...)

A-Spec Racing 32mm Adjustable Swaybar / Brace Combo with Pillowball Endlinks. Serious Rotations, here we come!

Still have to anodize the brace and swaybar ends (gold) and powdercoat the swaybar (candy blue).

With that said, I'll be selling the Neuspeed Brace with 22mm Swaybar and Hotchkis Endlinks to anyone who may want/need it, after the swap.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	asr_hollowkit-egdc_d.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	80883   Click image for larger version

Name:	asr_brace-egek-gd_d.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	80884   Click image for larger version

Name:	f7_rlca-gd-dc5_d.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	80885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Neuspeed.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	80886  

Last edited by maxtierney; 05-23-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-23-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Future Rear Suspension Swap

Nice to see you back, I noticed you hadn't posted much in awhile.

Thats an absolutely sick set-up, that's probably the best sway bar available for our cars and I love the colour combo.
Old 05-23-2011
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Nice to see you back, I noticed you hadn't posted much in awhile.

Thats an absolutely sick set-up, that's probably the best sway bar available for our cars and I love the colour combo.
Thanks! Good to be home.

I took a shot at giving a lowball price offer, when I was at a local speed shop, looking (actually - I was drooling) at the display in the case. The guy accepted, he said we don't sell very many, I'll give it to you at cost. I was like - WHOO HOO! SWEET!
Old 05-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CGaud is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad things have turned around for the better. With that said... I'm interested in acquiring your used goods after your upgrade. Shipping to 84054 PM me
Old 05-24-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Welcome back. Beautiful lca
Old 05-24-2011
EM2ti

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
Welcome back. Beautiful lca
Thanks!
Old 05-26-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

32mm?!?
pissing dog contest, buddy! (three wheeler cornering action!)
Old 05-26-2011
EM2ti

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
32mm?!?
pissing dog contest, buddy! (three wheeler cornering action!)
Haha! I need to work on smoothing out my throttle and brake application or I'll be three wheeling on the commute to work. Rain is a whole new adventure too.
Old 10-13-2011
EM2ti

Finally getting around to swapping out the old Neuspeed Sway/Combo for the ASR 32mm soon (before the rain starts, so I can tweak my rear suspension settings down to a reasonable snap oversteer setting, haha). Did a little searching (emphasis on little), without a lot of luck. Looking to get a one-stop shopping answer. Yeah, I'm lazy. Anyone got the torque specs handy for the inner LCA Bolts, swaybar bracket bolts and pillowball type endlinks? Got no instructions/specs from ASR. Sent 'em an e-mail, maybe they'll get back to me.

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I did a pretty thorough search on Clubrsx, nothing, there's only a couple threads even discussing them. Mostly on how they push you into extremely high race classes due to the earlier gens legacy of subframe tear outs with 32mm bars.

I do know the bar was originally designed for King Motor Sports by ASR, when they were racing DC5s in the Grand Am/Koni Cup. If you give KMS a call/email and they might have them available..
Old 10-13-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

good luck, only thing i could find was metalviper's answer...
Old 10-13-2011
EM2ti

Figures. Good-N-Tight it is. How've you been bro? How's the car?
Old 10-23-2011
EM2ti

It's been a long couple of days under my car again. Parts came out of powdecoat and anodizing late on Friday. Powdercoat thickness made assembly nearly impossible. Went to a machine shop this morning and spent 3 hours pressing in the fittings. Took off the old Neuspeed setup. Good news - got enough horizontal clearance. Bad news - not enough vertical clearance. Off to the muffler shop on Monday. Here's some sneak peek pics:

Driving without a swaybar is unsettling. Need to get this done ASAP.
Old 10-23-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ha yeah i cant believe how dx owners drive without any sway bar. even the stock ex 13mm bar is tiny.
Old 10-23-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

That looks amazing, especially sitting on your cf trunk..

totally worth eating ramen noodles for a month or two haha
Old 10-23-2011
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

Unless I got lucky, the DX cars built in Ontario have a rear sway bar. I have a DX (it says "Special Edition" on the back) and I have a rear sway. Is that what makes it a "Special Edition"? Because other than that, I've found no differences between a regular DX and my car.
Old 10-23-2011
EM2ti

I drive the speed limit now. Slow down for curves. Drives me nuts. Understeer and body roll FML!

Roasted Chicken and Beef Flavors, here I come!
Old 10-23-2011
EM2ti

Added a little Vinyl Bling

Old 10-24-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by maxtierney
I drive the speed limit now. Slow down for curves. Drives me nuts. Understeer and body roll FML!

Roasted Chicken and Beef Flavors, here I come!
plus wheel wells all scrubbed down from inside :P
Old 10-24-2011
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

sounds (and looks) like a fantastic setup.. can't wait to see it installed!
Old 10-24-2011
EM2ti

- Scrubbed down for sure.

- I can't wait either.

Speaking of which... Just got back from the muffler shop. The good news: They can save my EXMAG muffler and tip. The bad news: ALL the piping in between has gotta go. Mandrel bends before the muffler/re-welded, pipe shortened/re-welded before the tip, new hangars.

Gotta rattle can everything when it's completed. Then figure out when I can get re-ceramic coated (and go without a car for 5 days). The sacrifices you gotta make for better handling. This swaybar is gonna cost me a grand when all is said and done. Ramen for the rest of the year.
Old 10-26-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

A little inspiration for your new diet Max.

Name:  rage-comics-le-top-chef.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  25.1 KB
Old 10-26-2011
EM2ti

Hahaha! So true (for me anyways).
Old 10-27-2011
EM2ti

Just got out of the muffler shop. Gotta a 12"x2.5" inlet/outlet glasspack dumping before the LCAs (you can sorta see it in the pic). Frankenstein'd my RS*R Exmag, as the permanent solution. Need to grind down the welds, then off to ceramic coat.

More pics to come...

Old 10-27-2011
EM2ti

More pics (taken at the muffler shop - sorry low quality)

Old 10-27-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Are there Pro/cons to having it point down like that? Will it make a difference in performance?

And what are you gonna do with the spot in your bumper where the muffler goes?
Old 10-27-2011
EM2ti

Haha. Sorry for the bad write-up. I meant to say, I have a "temporary" glasspack in with a downward facing exhaust tip. It's downward facing to keep the soot off the LCAs (and help muffle the sound - doesn't help much. It is F*$KING LOUD and RICEY, but legal). The Exmag is currently, cut up, re-welded, re-piped and naked. It's going to ceramic coat soon. I'll take a pic tonight of the "permanent" exhaust.
Old 10-27-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

so is it gonna extend to the end? I don't really know the layout of our civics from underneath because i never see it on a lift.
Old 10-27-2011
EM2ti

It'll actually come out about a 1/2" further out. had ti snake it through the maze of new suspension parts to fit. It was a straight shot before now there are at least 4 or 5 bends, using a pipe 1/4" smaller in diameter to clear everything. A little more back pressure, I can live with. RICE, not so much. Hate to say it, but it is a little embarrasing to drive at the momnent. You've never seen your car from below? I think I need to get a life. I know every curve, dimple and crevice of my EM2 better than some of my past exes. Haha!
Old 10-27-2011

I've seen my car from below, but only a couple times in the year (almost) that i've owned it lol. Most things I do don't require lifting it that high lol. Only times it's lifted are for tires, and oil change. And even those don't need it to be too lifted if i don't want to :P

What will back pressure do in terms of performance? The bends do what exactly? :P

Quick Reply: Future Rear Suspension Swap