Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Tokico D specs good?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infernocvc is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Tokico D specs good?

Hi guys. I'm new here and I have an 05 Honda civic sedan DX-VP dropped on Tenzo-R springs, and there dropped about 2" on front and rear with stock shocks. Horrible I know. I was wondering what shocks to go with? I was thinking of getting Tokico D-Spec Adjustable Gas Shock Strut, I've also searched a bit i read they handle a 1.8" drop on the front and 2" drop on the rear, other then that I can't find any other shocks. Also I noticed the website says its fits for 01-02 Civic Sedans, will they fit for an 05?
Old 12-11-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tokico D specs good?

01-02 and 03-05 have slightly different suspension designs, i believe the bolts would not line up properly. the d-specs are nice cause they are adjustable, im not sure if they work for that low of a drop. the blues are for max 1.7 inch i think, those could work too but they might not last as long as they would normally. make sure its the right part for your year.
Old 12-11-2009
Registered!!

civic04coupe is an unknown quantity at this point

the d-specs are excellent!! i highly recommend you getting those!
Old 12-11-2009
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

There you go, great price jump on it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/xx-TO...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-11-2009
Registered!!

kc8ktq can only hope to improve

For 03-05 civics you need to use the Tokico HTS series. They are the same thing as the D-specs. The part number is HTS-508. That includes all 4 corners.
Old 12-12-2009
Registered!!

Infernocvc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kc8ktq
For 03-05 civics you need to use the Tokico HTS series. They are the same thing as the D-specs. The part number is HTS-508. That includes all 4 corners.

Thanks! Would it handle such a low drop though?Ive found some HTS I can pick up but im just worried about blowing brand new shocks..
Old 01-12-2010
Registered!!

mp3runner1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very good specs dude. You will see a huge difference
Old 01-10-2011
Premium Member

blazed870 is on a distinguished road

How low of a drop can you go with the D-Specs without worrying about damaging them? I have 1.75" Gold Line drop springs with Tokico Blues right now, but it is time to replace.
Old 01-10-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Dspecs are built well. u can go well beyond 2"
Old 01-10-2011
Premium Member

Thanks sl33priceboi. If you could get the D spec or Koni's, which would you go with? I am looking for the best ride as a DD not for racing or aggressive driving.
Old 01-10-2011

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by blazed870
Thanks sl33priceboi. If you could get the D spec or Koni's, which would you go with? I am looking for the best ride as a DD not for racing or aggressive driving.
i currently have konis. when i was ready to buy suspension, i did my research and it did boil down two the two (koni or dspec)

from what ive read/researched koni offers superior dampening, they are rebuildable (but both are high quality and will last you more than 100k miles).

however, koni yellows are a PAIN IN THE @SS to install. u gotta cut ur OEM strut and insert the tube. (search and you'll see wt i mean). let me repeat, they are a PITA to install.

however, once installed, they are awesome. full stiff is stiff. handling is awesome. full soft is not too soft and the ride quality is excellent. its my DD.

however, if i had to do it again, i would get the Dspec just for the sake of easy installation (direct replacement strut). although the dampening adjustment is not infinite like the koni's (which is worthless imo), the Dspec can still adjust from full firm to full soft (i think its like 15 or 30 clicks or something)

u cant go wrong with either one. id advise you to get Dspec.
Old 01-13-2011
Premium Member

I followed your advice sl33pyriceboi and got the D-Specs for $550. Thinking about doing my bushings while I am at it.
Old 01-13-2011

do it. lowering puts a LOT of strain on ur LCA bushings (lower control arm).

get energy suspension LCA bushings they are great.
Old 02-27-2011
Registered!!

mando_vzl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
do it. lowering puts a LOT of strain on ur LCA bushings (lower control arm).

get energy suspension LCA bushings they are great.
Just be advised that once you put polyurethane bushings in your suspension set up, the ride WILL be much firmer than stock as they are a "sport" upgrade not meant for touring.

Check out the Suspension FAQs: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/f...aq_susp_faq_q1

my 2 cents.
Old 02-28-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i have the ES lca bushings and they do not affect ride quality at all. except in the winter you can hear them squeak going up driveways or over potholes. well worth having them to keep the alignment tight and better cornering. the first day i drove with em i couldnt even tell a difference til i took a hi speed curve and it grabbed much better. otherwise i doubt you would even notice. its one of those mods you do just so it lasts forever and you dont need to keep changing the oem rubber every few yrs. the only suspension upgrade ive done that made the ride firmer is lowering springs and shocks. the ES motor mount added a tiny vibration but now its hardly noticable if at all.
Old 04-30-2011
Registered!!

bigheadmark is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been doing a bit of searching, and found a couple websites that were listed as sellers of tokico blues struts...ebay, and dezod...are there any other websites that sell these that anyone can think of
Old 04-30-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

goggle...
procivic, thmotorssports, etc

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&source=h...91afe43845c36f
Old 04-30-2011
Registered!!

bigheadmark is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks sdaidoji !! I like the prices of the Tokico hp's at THMOTORSPORTS