Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Drop Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k5reverb will become famous soon enough
Drop Suggestions

Hey guys i was thinking of lowering my 05 Civic Reverb and i was wondering how low should i go? The drop will have to lower the front more than the rear because of stereo equiptment in the trunk. Im sure you have lowered you civics and know what the end result will look like.
Just looking for a few suggestions

Here is a few pics of the car
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0013.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	77220   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0015.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	77221   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0008.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	77222  
Old 09-02-2009
Registered!!

slapoutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Drop Suggestions

looks nice to me like that and u can still get over speed bumps xD
Old 09-02-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i would not go more than 1 inch drop esp in canada. even then the ride quality get much firmer than stock.
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough

****, what the hell is in the trunk. The back already looks dropped!
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

Yeah my system really lowers the rear already but I really only want to lower the front but i have talked to a couple of the local mechanics and they are telling me not to becuase then i have messed with the car's geometry. Has anyboody done just a drop on the front before?
Old 09-03-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

u gotta tell us how much ur budget is...

i would defiantly NOT consider any kind of spring.....
reason: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...even-drop.html

^especially because you have stereo equipment in back.

i would DEFIANTLY SUGGEST looking into coilovers due to the adjustability factor.

tein BASICs are great. they ride very comfortably and handling is also dramatically increased. plus i believe they are not too expensive.
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

well the budget isnt really a problem becuase i want to things right. so if i were going to go with coilovers what do you guys figure it is going to end up costing for parts and labour? or is it something i can do myself with basic tools?
Old 09-08-2009
Registered!!

batman900 will become famous soon enough

Tein basics are what I hear is the best deal. like 850$ i think for them and 3 hours of labor from a shop.
Old 09-08-2009
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 2k5reverb
well the budget isnt really a problem becuase i want to things right. so if i were going to go with coilovers what do you guys figure it is going to end up costing for parts and labour? or is it something i can do myself with basic tools?

I agree with what has been said in earlier posts. Tein basics are a good choice for you. You definatly need coilovers so you can level it out with your stereo in the back.

As far as install. You could do it in your garage with basic tools probably in 3-6 hrs based on your skill level.
Old 10-28-2009
Registered!!

I have been talking to some poeple and they are telling me that if i go with coilovers I will get a really choppy ride and that i am going to always face alignment issues. Also coilovers are expensive and i dont really need a performance suspension. The pictures i have taken dont really show the stance of the car very well but i measured the other day on level ground at the side skirts and the rear sags 1/4 inch more than the front. I was thinking of getting either a set of neuspeed sport or neuspeed race lowering springs since they lower the front more than the rear. I dont see many pics of cars on the neuspeed race springs. Is that to low of a drop becuase i do have a lip kit.
Old 10-29-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

coilovers are actually very good (the expensive $650+ brands) but when they get old, you have to buy whole new ones or pay arm and a leg to send it back for service. and you are stuck with their shock. you cant just decide to try something new like you can with a separate shock/spring combo. i would stay away from neuspeed springs, ive heard bad stories about em. and get rid of those bosch plugs good grief! lol
Old 10-29-2009
Registered!!

What is a good set of lowering springs? and a good shock combo? And what is wrong with the bosch plugs?
Old 10-29-2009
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy with my H&R springs, can't go wrong with Eibach either, Progress, Tein S tech, anyone reputable.
Old 10-29-2009
Premium Member

yeah eibach are great, bosch plugs are a joke esp in imports. stick with ngk or denso for best performance.
Old 10-29-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

your going to have a choppy ride when your stock dampers blow from being on just lowering springs. you need full coilovers if you want to do things rite i suggests progress comps. and get rid of those bosch plugs ASAP.

Last edited by lowlife9; 10-29-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-29-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Before you lower it get rid of the H symbol in the rear window lol
Old 10-29-2009
Registered!!

I would change the stock shocks to something aftermarket. What is a good shock for a car on a set of lowering springs? I checked at my local auto parts store and the pricing they gave my was pretty high. It was like $190 per side on the front and like $100 on the rear just for stock shocks and he said more if i lower the car. I will loose the bosch plugs never knew they sucked in imports.
Old 10-29-2009
Premium Member

tokico hp shocks are good if youre on a budget. handles upto a 1.7 inch drop and costs around $350 for a set of 4. should last you at least 5 yrs.
Old 10-30-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

ok well 350 for the HPs then lets say 175 for good brand springs maybe more thats already thats 525 without taxes and shipping when you can get full coilovers for 800 850 so you do the math.
Old 10-30-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
ok well 350 for the HPs then lets say 175 for good brand springs maybe more thats already thats 525 without taxes and shipping when you can get full coilovers for 800 850 so you do the math.
Yeah it makes sense to go with coilovers because really i am going to spend only a little more cash but have a much better end result. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-03-2009
Registered!!

daken08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
u gotta tell us how much ur budget is...

i would defiantly NOT consider any kind of spring.....
reason: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...even-drop.html

^especially because you have stereo equipment in back.

i would DEFIANTLY SUGGEST looking into coilovers due to the adjustability factor.

tein BASICs are great. they ride very comfortably and handling is also dramatically increased. plus i believe they are not too expensive.
He's right, i got tein basic dampers on my 02 EX and im super happy with being able to adjust them. I drove up to illinois this fall and after i raised it up as much as i could i could definitely tell that it took away the sharp jolts from the crappy roads.