Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

uneven drop

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
westcali_playa is an unknown quantity at this point
uneven drop

Im running tein stechs and blues on my 02 sedan, and have a very uneven drop. My car sits crooked. Drivers side there is like a nice snug 2 finger gap, but passenger side is 3+ finger gap. It annoys the hell out of me. I know that my weight on the drivers side as well as the engine being heavy on that side effects it. Has anyone else had this problem? any solutions?
Old 08-20-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: uneven drop

well yeah i have that too with eibach prokit and blues, its not huge like you mention, maybe only 1/2 finger difference but i do notice it changes on its own and sometimes ive seen 1 finger lower on driver side. its very strange. how old are the shocks and are you sure you have the real tein springs. there are alot of fake knockoffs that are sold as tein but the quality sucks and drop is uneven.
Old 08-20-2009
Registered!!

westcali_playa is an unknown quantity at this point

both springs and shocks are a like 3 months old and im sure theyre real... i dunno i guess the only option is to save up for adjustable coilovers
Old 08-20-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

shoulda done it right teh first time. ur not alone on tat boat.
Old 08-20-2009
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

its very hard to get the car to sit even- even with coilovers- u have various weight issues, including your own weight and the streets are not always flat or even.
Old 09-02-2009
Registered!!

GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point

This might sound stupid, but its true, u need to put something heavy in ur trunk and drive around for a couple days, so the new springs get broken in u know.. What i did to my first car... It worked..
Old 09-02-2009
Registered!!

funkyfresh55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah man that sucks i just had that problem, same exact setup. Now rolling ground controls with my blues.
Old 09-03-2009
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

given that each corner is holding a different amount of weight and a spring will compress proportional to the load (weight) applied to it... the only way you are ever going to get an even ride height all the way around is to either have springs of different strengths at each corner, or springs of different lengths.

My suggestion, Learn to ignore it.
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

^ word. your sitting on the drivers side. so the driver side sagged. get a fat passenger to even it out. .