Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Kyb gr-2?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roflwaffle604 is an unknown quantity at this point
Kyb gr-2?

Anyone tried these? I'm thinking about getting these with Eibach Sportlines from autopartsway.ca.

Also, the site has these for $94.95, whereas the only other shock absorbers they have are Koni ones for $530. Are KYBs really that bad or are Konis just that good? And is the price for just one, or a whole set?

Link: http://www.autopartsway.ca/ACP/index...~YR5~CT3~SC318

Thanks

EDIT: If I'm going to be lowering my car, will I be needing to get upgraded struts as well as the springs and shocks?
Old 05-27-2009
Registered!!

+MM+ will become famous soon enough
Re: Kyb gr-2?

Don't get KYB GR-2s. I had them and the front ones were finished after one year. I was lowered 2 inches for 6 months, and stock height the other 6 months. I would go with something else...everyone here seems to have good luck with Tokicos.
Old 05-27-2009
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

if youre on a budget go with tokico blues, had them for 3 years and no problems. get koni's if you have the money
Old 05-27-2009
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

KYB are OEM replacement so if your lowered it will still blow the shock in time. Tokico is what you want that won't break the bank. Otherwise koni or bilstein for non adjustable shocks.
Old 05-27-2009
Registered!!

Yeah I'll probably save up for them first then since I want to do my Intake and Exhaust first.
Old 05-27-2009
Registered!!

+MM+ will become famous soon enough

I would do it the other way around. Suspension first, then intake and exhaust.
Old 05-27-2009
Registered!!

fiend is an unknown quantity at this point

you'll get more of a response in handling if you upgrade your suspension then you would get a response from hp gains. when i first got my civic i was all about power, upgrading the intake, exhaust, and header and expecting the typical 30hp gain, boy was that a big let down haha. i was more pleased once i lowered my car, wish i had done that first. o'well, live and learn. im currently re-doing my suspension now, only thing left i need are tires for my new rims. if i was you, i'd do suspension first and do it right...might take awhile to get all the parts for it but it'll be worth it. i've been racking up parts for the past 3 months and like i said all that is left is tires. as stated previsouly, took me 3 months but i now have new struts, lca bushings, springs, rims, and tires after this weekend. take all of our advice when we say take your time and do it right the first time. so what if it takes awhile, you'll be very pleased in the end.
Old 05-27-2009
Registered!!

one more thing, that shocks i decided to go with were tokico blues, from what everyone is saying, when matched up with stechs, they ride real nice so i went with them...not badly priced either
Old 05-27-2009
Registered!!

i appreciate all the advice. the only thing that is tempting/making me want to do intake and exhaust first is that i have a deal for an AEM V2 intake and RSR Ex-Mag exhaust for $520 shipped to me here in Canada, which from what I've heard from other places, is a good deal.
Old 05-28-2009
Registered!!

don't pass up a good deal due to our opinions...don't let anyone on here tell you what to do or what to do to your car, do it based on what you like, even if others think its ricey
Old 05-28-2009
Registered!!

jagass is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the share...
Old 05-28-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fiend
don't pass up a good deal due to our opinions...don't let anyone on here tell you what to do or what to do to your car, do it based on what you like, even if others think its ricey
Well Said.