Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

brand new kyb struts

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004
You bought a used dog??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
def01tones will become famous soon enough
brand new kyb struts

i just recieved my brand new kyb gr-2 struts yesterday. theyre not even out for sale yet i dont think. i was on the waiting list for like 5 months. anyway coworker of mine asked me if they were drop struts? is there such thing as drop struts/shocks? cuz ive never heard of these. if so will i need those to drop the car? cuz i have coilovers and want to drop my vic 2in all around.
Old 09-09-2004
Registered!!

thoughthard is an unknown quantity at this point
KYB GR-2 are basically an OEM replacement. Slightly firmer than stock. They might not like the 2" drop though. Warranty might be void with that much drop also.
Old 09-09-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
wow, congrats on getting them after 5 months. Drop strut/ shock.... I think your co-worker meant shock/struts that are more suitable for lowering springs, compared to OE replacements.
Old 09-09-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
honestly, I would sell those and get some tokicos or konis if you are planning on running adjustable coilovers. Those will most likely blow too. They are just OEM replacements.
Old 09-10-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Drop struts/shocks are made for when you lower your vehicle. Basically theyre designed with a shorter piston so that they wont bottom out. But like mentioned already, may want to go with something better designed to handle a lower drop. You could probably get away with an 1-1.5" drop maybe, but its still a risk. I'd call and confirm with KYB first.
Old 09-10-2004

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Are you undecided about them now ? Sorry man, I guess it'd have been better just to go with Tokiko or Koni. This is why I rather wait a little longer sometimes to get a better product. Toliko + Eiback =
Old 09-10-2004
You bought a used dog??

sh*t man! i was pumped and ready to finally get it droped and then i get this info! thanks anyway
Old 09-10-2004

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry to dissapoint you man, but at least is good advice from members that have mod. their suspension already. Best thing to do is search a lot before buying anything for your car. Good Luck.
Old 09-11-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CubanMike26
Are you undecided about them now ? Sorry man, I guess it'd have been better just to go with Tokiko or Koni. This is why I rather wait a little longer sometimes to get a better product. Toliko + Eiback =
i think you meant to say "tokico" and "eibach"
Old 09-11-2004
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
Try them out. Let us know how they are.
Old 09-15-2004
You bought a used dog??

im not gonna try them out if im gonna screw them up. i think ill just exchange them for some tokicos and get some better coilovers. i bought dropzone coilovers cuz i got really anxious to drop the car. i also got bad remarks about dropzone. so those are out the door too! what kinda of coilovers should i get?? anybody??
Old 09-15-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by def01tones
im not gonna try them out if im gonna screw them up. i think ill just exchange them for some tokicos and get some better coilovers. i bought dropzone coilovers cuz i got really anxious to drop the car. i also got bad remarks about dropzone. so those are out the door too! what kinda of coilovers should i get?? anybody??
Well dont get adjustable coilovers, get full coilovers. Go with tein or B&G
Old 09-15-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

or springs if you plan to use the kyb gr-2's.

if not, sell the gr-2s and the dropzones and invest into a full coilover set for no worries at all. (unless your riding on hayames )
Old 09-15-2004
You bought a used dog??

i cant afford full coilovers and if i could i wouldnt have this lil problem. lol my decision is im getting rid of the kyb's and replacing them with tokicos. i just cant decide on coilovers or springs??? and which are stiffer?
Old 09-15-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

that should vary on which spring and coilover you get. i heard good stories about neuspeed sport springs. and plus, tokico recommends a 1.5-1.7 inch drop with their shocks (blues). but i personally think its an good move to sell the dropzone coilovers and go with a spring/shock combo.

keep in mind, their are springs out their that are soft/firm/stiff/etc.
Old 09-15-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Take those piles of crap back! I had them on my hatchback and they were worse than OEM especially with a drop! Go get some Tokico's.
Old 09-15-2004

[QUOTE= what kinda of coilovers should i get?? anybody??[/QUOTE]

I saw a member here with Progress Coilovers. He says they work great and his ride was dropped very nice too, I think close to/ or more than 2"s. The price if I remember correctly was less than $400.
Old 09-15-2004
You bought a used dog??

bobbyd, the struts were pieces of crap?? never heard of progress, ill have to do some research. any other good brand of coilovers?