Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Camber Kit question

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vision_x2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Camber Kit question

Hi Everyone,

I just had a few questions regarding the suspension on the 2k1 civic ex coupe, and I was hoping someone would be able to help me. I lowered my car recently by myself with the Skunk2 springs. I got the springs from a friend and I believe the drop is about 1.75 but I am not 100% sure. I also got 17 inch rims with 215/45-17 tires. But I did not install a new camber kit because at the beginning it didn’t look like it needed one at all. I got the alignment done at the shop, but I forgot to get them to check the rear to see how it was. The thing now is that after a few weeks, the car dropped a little bit more, and the rear wheel is slightly leaning towards the inside, like we normally see on cars that don’t have the camber kit. My question though is this, with the car the way it is, I can barely put my finger on the top of the rear tires because of the small gap that the car has between the fender and the tires, and I am afraid that if I install a camber kit, the upper side of the tire is going to come out more and start hitting the fender on the car. Does anyone here have a similar setup? Or has experienced this issue? As for the front, I believe I wont need one since I was able to get it aligned successfully. Does the brand matter for Camber Kits? I see that most camber kits are from -4 to 6, not sure If I need more than that, but probably not. Also I am still riding on the original shocks, I am pretty sure they will give up on me after some time, specially the front ones, so I have been going easy on them. But what would be the best brands for this car? I saw someone selling dropzone struts on ebay for this car for a really good price, but I am not sure if I should rely on them: (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...WA:PIC&ih=003). Any comments on these? All the info you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1031604491_08895fd8e7_b.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	72346   Click image for larger version

Name:	1032454458_0438c638b5_b.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	72347  
Old 08-22-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough
Re: Camber Kit question

it probably won't rub, but you could always go with a little negative camber in the rear. i used to run a degree of negative camber in the back on my old car to keep it from rubbing, and it didn't wear the tires.

as for a camber kit, i'd buy something quality because cheaper ones tend to not hold alignment as long. you could get a good deal at www.truehonda.com for an SPC one. and everytime i've ordered from there, they've knocked money off the price that's listed. my favorite mailorder.
Old 08-22-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

I have a similiar setup with Progress springs, I just had the alignment shop use a -.5 degree alignment on front and rear, they tuck a little if you hit a massive bump but you don't have to worry about tagging your fender. Also I've been riding like this for almost 1 1/2 and no irregular wear so thats a huge plus. I'm using some KYB struts, they seem to work ok for what they are. Just make sure w/e strut you get is compatible with your ride.
Old 08-22-2007
Registered!!

HighBoost is an unknown quantity at this point

yup get the SPC from truehonda.com. cheapest u can get and good quality. the shocks, since u already got the spring. after ur oem shock give up on u just get the tokico hp or KYB.. good luck..
Old 08-22-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

http://www.ultrarev.com/product.php?productid=32026#