Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Noob lowering questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
If you read back through this thread, you'll come to the following conclusions.

a)people seem to get a year or two with stock shocks on lowering springs before the shocks blow.
b)everyone recommends a camber kit, but not everyone is actually using one.

I've decided to just do everything at once, cause I don't wanna take everything apart again when the shocks blow.

I've seen multiple people selling s techs on here lately, and some eibachs too. Check the FS threads if you're ready to buy now.
Old 01-04-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
A lot depends also on the drop, if you are going say 2" you WILL need a camber kit, however if you only go 1"-1.3" a camber kit is RECOMMENDED instead of absloutely required. Also shocks will last longer w/ a smaller drop as opposed to a larger one (say 2") I'm waiting for my shocks to go, but in the meantime I'd like to have the Tokico Blues, but Eddie (truehonda) isn't replying to his vendor thread...
Old 01-04-2007
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
I myself have 19" wheels with a 45 series tire... My suspension is stock at the moment, and I have no problems with rubbing. My speedo is only 2 MPH off at 60 MPH (I have GPS on my stereo). The tires are only slightly bigger than stock. I suggest using a tire size calculator to determine how much larger or smaller your overall tire size is going to be from stock. That is a good determination on if you're going to have rubbing or not. I'm kinda in your same situation. I under no circumstances want a crappy ride nor do I want to be extremely low to the ground. I just want that huge gap gone! I want only around a 1" drop as well, with as low of a cost as possible. I would like to have a ride that is the same as stock, or as near to it as possible. I don't do any sporting in my car because quite frankly, a Civic is not a sports car, it's an economy car that looks damn good for under $15k. I'm wondering is such a mild drop on stock shocks/struts will require a camber kit, and also would the stock shocks/struts last very long?
Old 01-04-2007
Registered!!

CivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura aboutCivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura about
what year is ur civic free refil?
Old 01-04-2007
Registered!!

Maverick_1337 will become famous soon enoughMaverick_1337 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CivicFreak03
what year is ur civic free refil?
it says 2005 on his profile