Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Could I replace 01 civic sedan upper strut mount with an 03-05

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aliangwb is an unknown quantity at this point
Could I replace 01 civic sedan upper strut mount with an 03-05

Hello,

I have having a hard time to fix the toe/alignment situation. Everytime I do a 4 wheel alignment, within days it will get out of alignment and almost every time the toe is off. I have replace stock spring and struts with Eibach pro spring, KYB AGX, Neuspeed upper strut bar and X Brace, while it is slightly better, it does not eliminate the toe off situation.

So my question is if I replace the whole strut assembly (ie upper strut mount and the works) excluding the existing spring and strut, which year's parts could I use. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

Nyte will become famous soon enoughNyte will become famous soon enough
CAMBER KIT!!! ASAP "if you dont have one already"
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/fa...aq_susp_faq_q1
Read
Old 11-27-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
if its aligned when you leave the shop then goes out of whack, you need to look for a shot bushing, loose bolt or something else out of the norm. Either they're making adjustments and not tightening everything when they're done, or something has worn out and is moving around, causing the alignment to change. Once its set, if they can set it right, it should stay like that.
OR
You have a total disregard for potholes and curbs, you hit them all the time and thats whats knocking the alignment off.
I'll go for the benefit of the doubt and guess the first one.

its unclear to me why or how changing the strut hat would do anything at all to the toe, unless it falls under the "worn bushing" category,but I've never seen them get that bad.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 11-27-2006 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-29-2006
Registered!!

aliangwb is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the repsonse.

I have a rear camber kit, and the before and after alignment figures show the camber and caster to be within spec. The toe problem is there before I had any strut mods. Is there any one in particular as I ask a Honda dealer parts department, and he said which bushing and was told there are multiple bushing in the strut assembly. Any top 5 most suspected strut or bolts. Both tie rod end had been replaced. The front end has been checked by mutiple honda dealers and independent mechanic and no bent parts or loseness were found (as I was told).

Also the idea of changing the upper strut mount and bearing is to hopefully address the hard to steer issue and steering wheel centering issue after finishing a turn as the 01 strut bearing is plastic and 03+ is metal which might in turn affect the alignment.