Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

creaking (like the sounds your grandmother's hips make) not popping

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
creaking (like the sounds your grandmother's hips make) not popping

what are the possible reasons for a creaking noise in the back of the car?

I can't remember if it's worn bushings, spring not seated in perch properly or what...(i ask this as I'm not going out to investigate @ 10 pm)

didn't start until about 2 months after I put my new springs/dampers on...
Old 12-21-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
if you have any poly bushings, you've got your culprit
Grease em.
If not, it could be a multitude of things from a couple spring coils rubbing on eachother, to a busted bushing to the shock going bad (unlikely if they're new and not crap).
Old 12-21-2005

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
I'm figuring it's a bushing....if it went bad would it show? as in cracked straight through from one side to the other?
Old 12-21-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Depends how far along it is. it'll look like little cracks at first, they'll continue to get worse as it wears out. It shouldn't make noise until it breaks though, then you'll be hearing the rubbing of the 2 sides of the hole on each other.
Check the 2 swaybar bushings. They may be dry or have dirt in them.
Old 12-21-2005

appreciate the input as usual....
Old 01-02-2006

update. i was able to get the car on the lift at work and i looked at the sway bars. (the rear sway bar is soooo friggin tiny)the rear bushings have this crease like thing in the same spot on both of them but it doesn't look like what a crack would look like almost looks like it is an intentional type thing....i dunno. anyways what is the part that holds the ends of the sway bar that is a round shape & has those 4 notches on it? w/e the boot type thing that is on the top of that looks compressed on one side.....I dunno.....

Last edited by shroomster; 01-03-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

SaggioWRX is an unknown quantity at this point
It's the trailing arm bushings, I've got the same problem on our civic.

I'm looking into replacing them all soon.
Old 01-04-2006

Originally Posted by SaggioWRX
It's the trailing arm bushings, I've got the same problem on our civic.

I'm looking into replacing them all soon.
trailing arm, is that what holds the sway bar at both ends?
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

I believe so. Theres two bushings for each side.

Chek this out:
http://www.artsautomotive.com/CivicR...leBushings.htm
Old 01-05-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
lube rear sway bushing
Old 01-05-2006

by "lube rear sway bushing" what do you mean exactly? do I just wd-40 spray it or is there a way to get some lubrication into it?
Old 01-05-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
beats me. dealer did it a while back and the noise went away
Old 01-22-2006

***UPDATE*** all my bushings are fine......this crap is driving me nuts.....I'm taking it in this thursday I can't stand it.....
Old 01-22-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
is the rear end creaking over bumps and stuff, or just all the time? i got a tie bar and poof, no more creaks.
Old 01-22-2006

some bumps but not all of them....thats what is irking me.
Old 01-23-2006
Registered!!

My bushings looked "fine" but I replaced them anyways, and after the replacement the creaking is gone!

Replace the bushings!