Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Tokico shocks and Stock springs....anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Tokico shocks and Stock springs....anybody?

I was searching around and I could not find anybody with Tokico shocks and stock springs.

How is this set up?

How much different is it from stock? Will it reduce body roll and improve handling at higher speeds?

I plan to get Tokico shocks with stock springs and also get 205/60/HR14 Yoko ES100 tires. How much is this going to improve my car overall?

Thanks,

Freestyle
Old 10-12-2005
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
i was thinking of putting the tokico blues on with my eibach prokit springs. i think a few people have that setup. i bet it handles really good considering ive been taking offramp turns at around 70 mph with no problems on stock shocks.
Old 10-12-2005
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
It will greatly stiffen up your car. However, it won't be a drastic change in handling. I don't want to desuade you from not getting them, but don't expect miracles. They are a GREAT upgrade from stock. I installed them on a abstract's car.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=224727
Old 10-12-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
i'm running the tokico hp struts on my sedan. its made a great improvement and even better one when I installed my eaibach springs
Old 10-12-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
From almost three years of tuning suspenisons, I'd say that the right damper is by far more important for handling then what spring you use.
Old 10-14-2005
Registered!!

MitzysMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by freestyle
I was searching around and I could not find anybody with Tokico shocks and stock springs.

How is this set up?

How much different is it from stock? Will it reduce body roll and improve handling at higher speeds?

I plan to get Tokico shocks with stock springs and also get 205/60/HR14 Yoko ES100 tires. How much is this going to improve my car overall?

Thanks,

Freestyle
Hi Freestyle, if you get those installed on stock springs let me know what you think. I've been thinking about adding them to my 05.

Not sure if I just want to do those Tokicos Blues or do the...

Eibach ProKits and Tokico Blues. A guy a truehonda said this was a good combo. Just not sure that I want to lower though
Old 10-23-2005
Registered!!

specificcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
this is the the setup which I am currently running in my 01 dx coupe...Let's just say, it almost brings back that double wishbone feel as compared to using a complete stock setup.
Old 10-23-2005
Registered!!

MitzysMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by specificcivic
this is the the setup which I am currently running in my 01 dx coupe...Let's just say, it almost brings back that double wishbone feel as compared to using a complete stock setup.
are you saying Tokico on Eibach or on stock springs ? Is it less harsh then stock and in what way?
Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
the stock shocks are going to be a lot softer than the eibach prokit.
Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
i have GC coilovers and Tokicos on my sedan...and yes the tockicos are stiffer then the stock shocks, but not by a vast amount....i personally want more stiffness then i got.
Old 01-15-2006
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
I know its an old thread, but I have a quick question.

my dad has to replace the shocks/struts on his 02 sedan, and I have tokicos on my coupe, of course I have sportline springs too, he WOULD NOT want anything near as stiff as mine, do you think that tokicos w/ stock springs would still be smooth enough ..
Originally Posted by prccivic
not by a vast amount
does anyone know how much stiffer are they? it is noticable right?
Old 01-15-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by shmik1
I know its an old thread, but I have a quick question.

my dad has to replace the shocks/struts on his 02 sedan, and I have tokicos on my coupe, of course I have sportline springs too, he WOULD NOT want anything near as stiff as mine, do you think that tokicos w/ stock springs would still be smooth enough .. does anyone know how much stiffer are they? it is noticable right?

it will definalty be stiffer compared to worn out shocks on your dads 02 civic. But, it will not be uncomfortable. They would be very good shocks to get for your dad. It will feel like you have very good control
Old 01-15-2006
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
well they're not worn out at all, he only has 50k ish on em, he just slid into a ditch this winder and it got fvcked up, so now theres some shake in it, and im thinkin if these are the cheapest setup then he should just get tokicos, but I also told him to have our local shop (VERY trusted) to price him out a setup and see if its cheaper. im sure he'll end up with whats cheaper, I doubt he wants to lose any of the comfort.
Old 01-15-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by shmik1
well they're not worn out at all, he only has 50k ish on em, he just slid into a ditch this winder and it got fvcked up, so now theres some shake in it, and im thinkin if these are the cheapest setup then he should just get tokicos, but I also told him to have our local shop (VERY trusted) to price him out a setup and see if its cheaper. im sure he'll end up with whats cheaper, I doubt he wants to lose any of the comfort.

ya....i think the Tokicos are a great way to go..i think he would be very happy with them