Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Suspension Performance Modifications (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/44-suspension-performance-modifications)
-   -   Tokico shocks and Stock springs....anybody? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/44-suspension-performance-modifications/231310-tokico-shocks-stock-springs-anybody.html)

freestyle 10-12-2005 01:25 AM

Tokico shocks and Stock springs....anybody?

I was searching around and I could not find anybody with Tokico shocks and stock springs.

How is this set up?

How much different is it from stock? Will it reduce body roll and improve handling at higher speeds?

I plan to get Tokico shocks with stock springs and also get 205/60/HR14 Yoko ES100 tires. How much is this going to improve my car overall?

Thanks,

Freestyle

R3DL1N3 10-12-2005 02:59 AM

i was thinking of putting the tokico blues on with my eibach prokit springs. i think a few people have that setup. i bet it handles really good considering ive been taking offramp turns at around 70 mph with no problems on stock shocks.

robbclark1 10-12-2005 07:43 AM

It will greatly stiffen up your car. However, it won't be a drastic change in handling. I don't want to desuade you from not getting them, but don't expect miracles. They are a GREAT upgrade from stock. I installed them on a abstract's car.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=224727

eye_see_you 10-12-2005 09:00 AM

i'm running the tokico hp struts on my sedan. its made a great improvement and even better one when I installed my eaibach springs

Zzyzx 10-12-2005 06:47 PM

From almost three years of tuning suspenisons, I'd say that the right damper is by far more important for handling then what spring you use.

MitzysMan 10-14-2005 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by freestyle
I was searching around and I could not find anybody with Tokico shocks and stock springs.

How is this set up?

How much different is it from stock? Will it reduce body roll and improve handling at higher speeds?

I plan to get Tokico shocks with stock springs and also get 205/60/HR14 Yoko ES100 tires. How much is this going to improve my car overall?

Thanks,

Freestyle

Hi Freestyle, if you get those installed on stock springs let me know what you think. I've been thinking about adding them to my 05.

Not sure if I just want to do those Tokicos Blues or do the...

Eibach ProKits and Tokico Blues. A guy a truehonda said this was a good combo. Just not sure that I want to lower though

specificcivic 10-23-2005 04:10 AM

this is the the setup which I am currently running in my 01 dx coupe...Let's just say, it almost brings back that double wishbone feel as compared to using a complete stock setup.

MitzysMan 10-23-2005 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by specificcivic
this is the the setup which I am currently running in my 01 dx coupe...Let's just say, it almost brings back that double wishbone feel as compared to using a complete stock setup.

are you saying Tokico on Eibach or on stock springs ? Is it less harsh then stock and in what way?

R3DL1N3 10-24-2005 06:53 PM

the stock shocks are going to be a lot softer than the eibach prokit.

prccivic 10-24-2005 07:21 PM

i have GC coilovers and Tokicos on my sedan...and yes the tockicos are stiffer then the stock shocks, but not by a vast amount....i personally want more stiffness then i got.

shmik1 01-15-2006 06:00 PM

I know its an old thread, but I have a quick question.

my dad has to replace the shocks/struts on his 02 sedan, and I have tokicos on my coupe, of course I have sportline springs too, he WOULD NOT want anything near as stiff as mine, do you think that tokicos w/ stock springs would still be smooth enough ..

Originally Posted by prccivic
not by a vast amount

does anyone know how much stiffer are they? it is noticable right?

prccivic 01-15-2006 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by shmik1
I know its an old thread, but I have a quick question.

my dad has to replace the shocks/struts on his 02 sedan, and I have tokicos on my coupe, of course I have sportline springs too, he WOULD NOT want anything near as stiff as mine, do you think that tokicos w/ stock springs would still be smooth enough .. does anyone know how much stiffer are they? it is noticable right?

it will definalty be stiffer compared to worn out shocks on your dads 02 civic. But, it will not be uncomfortable. They would be very good shocks to get for your dad. It will feel like you have very good control

shmik1 01-15-2006 08:06 PM

well they're not worn out at all, he only has 50k ish on em, he just slid into a ditch this winder and it got fvcked up, so now theres some shake in it, and im thinkin if these are the cheapest setup then he should just get tokicos, but I also told him to have our local shop (VERY trusted) to price him out a setup and see if its cheaper. im sure he'll end up with whats cheaper, I doubt he wants to lose any of the comfort.

prccivic 01-15-2006 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by shmik1
well they're not worn out at all, he only has 50k ish on em, he just slid into a ditch this winder and it got fvcked up, so now theres some shake in it, and im thinkin if these are the cheapest setup then he should just get tokicos, but I also told him to have our local shop (VERY trusted) to price him out a setup and see if its cheaper. im sure he'll end up with whats cheaper, I doubt he wants to lose any of the comfort.

ya....i think the Tokicos are a great way to go..i think he would be very happy with them