Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

strange noise when i turn my wheel

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
invrtdsa1nt has a little shameless behaviour in the past
strange noise when i turn my wheel

awhile back i slid into a curb in my coupe and ****ed up my car a little. ive fixed the major problems, just need to get it aligned. but when i turn the wheel so far right and hit the accelerator, it makes this noise, it almost sounds like the tire is rubbing. i have 17s on it, but im almost positive its not rubbing, becuase it only makes the noise when i hit the accelerator, and ive checked to see if it rubs. it makes the noise once i turn the wheel to a certain point, and keeps making it if i turn it any farther. anyone have any idea what this is? and how much it should run me to get it fixed?
Old 08-15-2005
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
what year is your car?
Old 08-15-2005
Registered!!

Old 08-16-2005
Registered!!

etdigitalis should not be trusted
Originally Posted by invrtdsa1nt
awhile back i slid into a curb in my coupe and ****ed up my car a little. ive fixed the major problems, just need to get it aligned. but when i turn the wheel so far right and hit the accelerator, it makes this noise, it almost sounds like the tire is rubbing. i have 17s on it, but im almost positive its not rubbing, becuase it only makes the noise when i hit the accelerator, and ive checked to see if it rubs. it makes the noise once i turn the wheel to a certain point, and keeps making it if i turn it any farther. anyone have any idea what this is? and how much it should run me to get it fixed?
when you say you've fixed the "major problems", what exactly did you fix? a side impact can wreak havok on your suspension and power steering system.

if you're sure there's no rubbing, i'd look for any signs of fluid leaking from your power steering system and check your levels... the whirring noise could be a sign that your pump is struggling.

also, although this probably wouldn't be causing the noise you speak of, it's worth your attention... raise the front of your vehicle and check your wheels for lateral play... this could be a sign one or more of your ball joints or wheel bearings need to be replaced.

i hope this helped... good luck!
Old 08-16-2005
Registered!!

well the only noticeable problem was the left lca was bent to ****, and the ball joint was popped out. got a new lca and put that bitch back together. i think it might be coming from the steering rack, although i didnt notice anything wrong before. i doubt my power steering is leaking, but i dont doubt there could be a problem with the pump. this is going to be looked at this weekend and hopefully taken care of. thanks for the help.
Old 08-17-2005
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
Oh, the reason I asked was because my car had a weird clicking sound whenever I turned the wheel to the right and it turned out to be the reverse idler gear in the transmission.. I don't remember the exact problem or what happened in detail, but there was a TSB on it.. but it was only applied to the 01-02 I believe