Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Front Rubbing..

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicMexicano is an unknown quantity at this point
Front Rubbing..

Well im lowered on Progres Spring and riding on 16 inch wheels, with 205/55/16 tires. problem is fron is tucked in, and is alwasy rubbing (only on drivers side) could it be cause of blown shock,or is it the tire...

would it rub with tokico's ( i dont know if they're shorter than stock struts)

or can camber fix this problem...

Thanks..
Old 01-02-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
is it rubbing while just regular driving on a smooth road or when you hit a dip, bump, or make a turn? with 205/55/16, you shouldnt be rubbing with a 1.8" front/2.0" rear drop. unless you have a camber kit on the rear cause you can adjust it so it sits slanted a little.

it could be a blown shock, check to see if you see any oils leaking on the strut. their should be a puddle as soon it gets blown. also try pushing the car frame up and down to see if it flexes. find a super smooth flat surface and park on it and get out and see if the drivers front side sits lower than the passenger.

if you replace your OEM shocks with aftermarket shocks such as tokico blue, your car will sit a little higher because the OEM shocks are soft, once u get in or other ppl get in, the car sits lower. lets say ur wheels were tucked all around on progress springs and stock shocks. install the tokico blues, it will be more stiff and wouldnt sit lower like oem shocks.

a camber kit is not needed for the front because it doesnt throw off camber wear on the tires. the only thing you should worried about is an alignment after the drop. so camber has nothing to do with the fronts rubbing because camber does nothing basically since the front will sit just very very little negative.
Old 01-02-2005
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

Thanks and the area sorounding the strut is stained, so it must be oil from the strut,

and yes ir rubs almost all the time, i just gain some speed and the car starts rubbing...
Old 01-05-2005
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

Would any aftermarket strut ( i thinking KYB AGX) raise the car a bit?? I mean most are tiffer than stock
Old 01-05-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CivicMexicano
Would any aftermarket strut ( i thinking KYB AGX) raise the car a bit?? I mean most are tiffer than stock

It is not uncommon for gas charged shocks to raise the ride height of the car slightly... doesnt allways happen though.
Old 01-05-2005
Super JDM Member

matt_s is an unknown quantity at this point
im puttting on progress springs after the snow is gone. Do you think my 215/45/17 wheels will rub?
Old 01-08-2005
Registered!!

Profoxcg is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a quick Q,

I have just dropped my car with ground controls, and my drivers side rubs while cornerning moderate due to body roll. Which is normal, but for example, I rolled the fenders in the rear to aliviate that problem, however what can I do to the front?