Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Handbrake Cable Disconnetion - 6th generation dx sedan

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
muttleytm is an unknown quantity at this point
Handbrake Cable Disconnetion - 6th generation dx sedan

I have to remove a rear trailing arm completely. To do this I also need to disconnect the handbrake cable.

I see in a diagram that the cable for each side can be disconnected separately up where they come together, but I can't see where this is. I can follow the cable housings from the hubs towards the front the the car and they sort of disappear under a heat shield for the exhaust. When I look from underneath the car closer to the front of the car I don't see any sign of the cables.

Do I get at them from the inside by removing the console around the shifter and handbrake lever?
Old 07-11-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Handbrake Cable Disconnetion - 6th generation dx sedan

Originally Posted by muttleytm
Do I get at them from the inside by removing the console around the shifter and handbrake lever?
Yes. Disconnect from the handbrake and push the grommets through the floor. I believe there is a bracket that you need to remove not sure where exactly it is though.